fourteen

two days later, josh dyed his hair blue.

one week later, somehow people had figured out about tyler and josh. tyler got so anonymous hate on his tumblr that he deleted the account.

two weeks later, paparazzi spotted josh on the streets of nyc after a show holding hands with singer halsey. tyler decided he hated her.

tyler hadn't been to the cafe since the incident, jenna was incredibly worried. she had been around, tyler had asked her to leave. tyler thinks shes worried he's going to off himself, he's not.

tyler is sat at his piano in the living room in nothing but a pair of boxers when his –still cracked– phone beeps.

he retrieves it before returning to his piano and unlocking it. its a text from jenna.

jenna: tyler please don't be mad but i spoke to josh

tyler's heart jumps, his stomach sinking and throat closing up. god, why on earth would jenna do that? tyler loves her but he just wishes she'd fucking stop interfering.

tyler: jenna just stop interfering it doesn't involve you i don't want to talk about josh anymore.

tyler waits, he doesn't get a reply but he can see jenna has read the text. he hopes he hasn't upset her. he chucks his phone onto the couch and positions himself at the piano.

tyler writes three songs that day.

its two days later when there's a knock at tyler's door. he hasn't slept in over 24 hours, he's been busy writing. he looks like shit, and he knows it.

his voice is scratchy from singing, and he scowls when the intruder knocks halfway through the song tyler had named 'trees.'

he gets up, and rubs at his eyes with his fist before yawning. tyler shuffles towards the door and unlocks it, he pulls it open and meets blue eyes; jenna.

but there's someone behind her, with hazelnut eyes and blue hair and rose petal lips and fuck- tyler looks like shit.

he begins stuttering madly, he cant speak or breathe and god jenna should know better than to spring stuff like this on him!
"tyler, calm down," she soothes, "he wants to talk, i'm going to go and leave you two alone. is that okay?" tyler knows he can't say no, he simply nods.

jenna waves goodbye, leaving a stunned josh standing in tyler's doorway. tyler ushers him in, his heart beating so loud hes sure the neighbours could hear it. josh steps in, and makes his way to the couch before sitting down.

tyler closes the door, breathes deeply in and out, before joining josh on the sofa. he wrings his hands together as josh struggles to find the right words to say.

"tyler?" he begins, and god-tyler's missed that golden honey voice. tyler looks up and meets josh's eyes, before casting them downwards once again.

he picks at the skin around his fingernails, "i-" josh starts again breathing deeply. "im in love with you, tyler" and god suddenly tyler can't breathe he's never felt like this in his whole life. his face his red and his eyes are wide and fuck josh is so goddamn beautiful tyler can't even believe it.

before he can even process anything his chapped lips are pressed against josh's. josh kisses back as if tyler is water and josh hasn't had a drink in weeks. tyler's hands are in josh's hair, tugging on his blue curls and josh's hands are on tyler's hips and back and god- josh is everywhere.

tyler is so in love. he can taste his tears in the kiss and for once, tyler decides they're happy tears.