The Sirius Effect

"Saphira!" Saphira winced as she pushed her blonde bangs out of her steely blue eyes. She looked up and frowned as her brother's scrutinizing eyes landed on her form in exasperation.

"Yes, Lucius?" Saphira all but growled as Lucius smirked at her.

"Time to go." He sneered before closing the distance between his sister and him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and steered her out of her room. She frowned but let it pass. Crabbe and Goyle stood at the bottom of the stairwell, looking as stupid as a couple of trolls. Saphira smirked. No, trolls were smarter. She chuckled to herself. At least once they reached Hogwarts they'd be so busy pushing around stupid Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, they wouldn't have time to bother her.

Platform 9 ¾ was bustling as usual. Saphira could see Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa Black blatantly glaring at a passing Gryffindor. Saphira rolled her eyes before waving them over.

"Bella! Andy! Cissy!" Her voice was sharp and rang out across the platform with ease as the Black sisters turned to them with wide smiles.

"Phira!" Their voices chimed together before the group of girls hugged one another.

"Phira, you got so pretty over the summer!" Bella's condescending smirk almost made Saphira curse her into the next dimension, but she kept her cool. She smiled and nodded.

"I practiced Quidditch with Lucius while my mum was in Ireland!" She explained as Cissy stuck her nose into the air at the thought.

"Honestly, Saphira, why would you want to get sweaty?"

"Why would you want to shag my brother?" Saphira retorted with a smile. Cissy blushed crimson before the four girls giggled. Lucius smirked toward the girls before walking over with a swagger that would make even Sirius Black jealous.

"Good morning, girls, Narcissa." He winked in the direction of the blonde Black sister. Cissy giggled girlishly as the other girls rolled their eyes. That is until Rodolphus Lestrange and Rabastan appeared before their fearless leader smirking at the other two Black sisters. Saphira pouted slightly before sighing. She had made herself unavailable. Her eyes swept the platform before resting on the laughing Marauders. Her eyes narrowed considerably on the four, particularly Sirius Orion Black.

SOB, son of a bitch! She smirked. She'd have to use that in one of their arguments. As if he knew she was thinking about him, he looked up, his dark eyes locking with hers. His mouth curled into a sneer as she glared at him. Suddenly their momentary hate fest was broken by the sound of the train whistle blowing and their groups dragging them into the train, compartments apart.

"Honestly, he's such a disgrace." Bella hissed as she watched her cousin pass by their compartment. Saphira didn't look up from her potions book, nodding to agree with her.

"Blood traitor." She replied, unconcerned. Narcissa sat beside Lucius, their faces practically sewn together. Andromeda, like Saphira, was immersed in one of her school books, pointedly ignoring Rabastian. A loud raucous noise distracted the Slytherins as Saphira growled to herself before she climbed to her feet, her blonde hair swaying dangerously behind her.

"Oi, Black!" The devious Marauder looked up and frowned; his hand instinctively reached for his wand.

"Keep it down, won't you?" She growled before turning swiftly away.

"Nice ass, Malfoy! Bet you were shagging some poor inebriated loser, weren't you?" She turned to him sharply; her eyes flashed in anger.

"Not all of us can be a whore like you Black. My sexual habits aren't any of your business." She huffed as he smiled a candid smile, perfected to make weaker girls swoon.

"Oh come off it, Malfoy. You know you want me."

"Not in a million years, Black. I hear your family kicked you out, disowned you. You're a blood traitor now." She smirked. Once his family was mentioned, every argument would end in him huffing away, muttering curses under his breath. His eyes flashed dangerously as he was on his feet instantaneously.

"I dare you, Black. I'd love to see the look on your face when my brother and your brother pummel your sorry arse!" Saphira taunted as Sirius took a step toward her, threateningly. He pinned her to the wall and growled in an almost animalistic fashion. She matched his growl with a feral hiss as they glared at one another.

"Hey Padfoot, where are..." James Potter's eyes widened before pulling his best friend off of a very dangerous looking female Malfoy.

"Moony!" James shouted for his other friend as he struggled with the furious Black.

"Let go, Prongs!"

"Sirius!" Remus Lupin's voice struck the air with the precision of a whip.

"Saphira!" Lucius' voice swarmed the air, his anger filling every particle. Crabbe and Goyle stood beside their leader, their eyes trained on the Marauders. Lucius grabbed Saphira's arm and pulled her behind him. She glared at him, but didn't fight him.

"Oi, Potter! Control that mutt or I'll have to put him down!" Lucius growled brandishing his wand and pointing it at the still infuriated Sirius. A hand on her elbow distracted Saphira as she turned to face its owner.

"Severus!" She smiled and hugged the sallow faced boy. His dark eyes widened before he awkwardly returned her hug. Noticing his discomfort, she released him with a smile still plastered on her face.

"Oh look it's Snivellus!" Saphira turned quickly as Sirius sneered at the boy beside her. Lucius growled in warning as the Slytherins and the Gryffindors faced off, yet again.

"Alright you lot, back in the compartments with ya!" The group of teenagers glared at one another before stalking off to their designated regions of the train, as far away from one another as possible. Saphira took one last look over her shoulder before smirking.

"I'm going to make his life hell on earth." She mumbled as Severus looked at her in confusion.

"What was that?" He asked, not really caring.

"Nothing, Sev. Just keep walkin'." Saphira responded, a light giggle escaping her lips. Lucius smirked over his shoulder as Regulus appeared on the side opposite of Severus. Saphira smiled at her housemates. This year was going to be the best yet, she decided.