I'm Getting Married?! [Part 2]

“Saphira!” Regulus’s voice outside the door distracted the two and Sirius frowned.

“Saphira is he in there?” Regulus’s voice was soft and he seemed to be trying not to draw attention to himself. Saphira quirked an eyebrow before slowly opening the door. Regulus was dressed in his dress robes and his grey eyes were frantic. He paused when he turned and found Saphira leaning out of the doorway. His breath caught in his chest as he looked at her. 

“Phira, you look…” Saphira rolled her eyes before grabbing his arm and dragging him into her room. The two Black brothers stared at one another, unsure of how to act around one another in the blonde’s presence.

“Regulus, why did you tell him I was sick?” She asked as Regulus sighed before answering.

“Because you are, Saphira. Plus he had to be here for my plan to work,” He added as Saphira and Sirius looked at him with wide eyes. Saphira hoped that Regulus didn’t use her as bait to draw his brother out. Regulus dug in his pockets before pulling out two vials.

“You two are going to get married,” He announced as Saphira stared at him in shock. Sirius tilted his head to the side.

“Is that Polyjuice Potion?” He asked as Saphira scrunched her nose at the thought.

“Reg, what are you doing?”

“This is your day. Since you didn’t get to pick anything else, you can pick your groom,” He answered with a smile. Saphira felt tears well in her eyes as she stared at the young man in front of her. Sirius looked between them in shock.

“Didn’t she already do that?” He questioned as Regulus shook his head.

“Our marriage wasn’t one of choice, Sirius. And don’t think I’m doing this for you.  This is for Saphira,” He answered with a scowl in his older brother’s direction. Saphira looked between them.

“I’m letting you have one night together, but after this, she is my wife,” Regulus explained as he plucked a hair from his head and let it fall into one of the vials.

“And after tonight, you will again be an enemy of the cause,” he added with a glare at Sirius. He handed the vial he had just finished to his older brother as he gulped down the second vial. Sirius looked toward Saphira before setting his features in a determined expression and doing the same. Saphira watched in shock as Regulus’s form slowly shifted into Evans Rosier and Sirius shifted into Regulus. Srirus looked down at himself when the transformation was complete and scowled.

“I can’t believe I’m my twit of a brother,” he muttered to himself before turning to Regulus.

“I need your robes, bro,” He remarked as Regulus nodded and easily stripped himself of the dress robes. Regulus had been prepared and had another pair of less formal dress robes underneath his own. Sirius disappeared into the bathroom as Saphira turned to Regulus.

“Reg, why are you doing this?” She asked quietly as Regulus smirked and shrugged.

“I told you. I care about you, Saphira and I wanted this day to be special for you. If that meant giving you away for one day, then I could handle that. Because I know, you’ll be my wife for the rest of our lives,” He answered with a soft smile. Saphira stared at him for a moment before pulling him against her in a tight hug.

“Thank you,” She whispered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“She’s coming,” Regulus mentioned as he passed Severus in the hallway. Severus turned to him in surprise.

“Rosier? What are you doing here? And how do you know whether Saphira’s coming or not?” He questioned suspiciously. Regulus frowned as he thought of viable excuses.

“Uhh, I just got here and I passed her in the hall. Black sure is a lucky twit,” he remarked as Severus nodded.

“Ok,” Regulus sighed, glad his disguise had been accepted. He slipped into the back row, sitting next to Xavier Parkinson and his wife. He watched Sirius appear in the front with Severus by his side. The bridal march started and he stood as he watched Saphira step down the aisle, led by her father. Saphira fought the tears as she stared at Sirius, disguised as Regulus. Even if she hadn’t seen him take the polyjuice potion, she would’ve known it Sirius from the expression she could see in his grey depths.

“Here you are, son,” Saphira smiled and lightly kissed Abraxas on the cheek. Sirius took her hand in his own and led her further on the altar. Saphira didn’t hear anything after that. She could see Sirius. It touched her heart, knowing she was marrying him.

“Do you, Saphira Malfoy,  take thee, Regulus Black, to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and health, in wealth and poverty until death do you part?” Saphira nodded.

“Do you, Regulus Black, take thee, Saphira Malfoy, to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and health, in wealth and poverty till death do you part?” Sirius smirked before he too nodded.

“Then by the power invested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,” The official bowed his head as Sirius easily lifted Saphira’s veil away from her face. Tears welled in her eyes as she stared into his grey depths, losing herself in his carefree soul. Her eyes closed as his lips captured hers in a passionate embrace.