Time Changes Nothing Between Us

First of all, I would just like to apologize for taking so long to update. I've been super busy!

Secondly, I AM SORRY! :D

Third, enjoy the latest installment of The Sirius Effect!

__________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the year passed fairly quickly for Saphira since she didn’t pay attention to much anything else. Soon summer came and before she knew it, it was gone. When Saphira returned to Hogwarts, it was the same as before. Sirius was surrounded by a gaggle of giggling girls ranging from second years to seventh years. Sirius probably didn’t even notice her as she walked by him, she thought bitterly. The fact that amongst all of the students she had singled him out annoyed her. She had fought to get over him and thought she had succeeded.

“Phira!” Narcissa cried out as she caught sight of the blonde. Saphira smiled, hiding her inner turmoil.

“Cissy, what is it?” She asked with a quirked eyebrow. The youngest Black sister held her Hogwarts: A History firmly to her chest as she smiled giddily.

“Guess what?” She asked excitedly. Saphira shrugged. Something told her this had to do with Lucius. She smiled as she thought of her older brother. He wouldn’t be here, this year. Neither would Andromeda.

“I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me what it is?” Saphira encouraged as Bellatrix came up beside her ecstatic sister.  Bellatrix nodded toward Saphira as a condescending smirk spread across her countenance. Saphira had almost forgotten how much she hated the dark haired girl.

“Lucius and I are getting married! After I graduate of course! Isn’t it wonderful, Phira? We’re going to be sisters!” Narcissa exclaimed as she hugged Saphira tightly. Saphira stared at her before smiling.

“That’s great, Cissy. Really, I’m happy for you. Although Lucius should’ve told me,” She muttered lowly before Narcissa bounced away with Bellatrix following. Saphira sighed as she tucked a blonde tendril away from her face. She caught sight of Severus making his way toward her with Regulus at his side. She didn’t say anything as they sat on either side of her.

“Hey Phira!” Regulus greeted cheerfully. Severus put his potions book long enough to notice Saphira’s standoffish attitude toward him. He didn’t take offense to it though. He knew Saphira was still angry about last year. Regulus didn’t seem to notice. He hung his arm over her shoulder and pecked her cheek affectionately.

“Reg, get off,” She grunted as she shrugged the younger man’s arm away. Regulus simply grinned. He threw a triumphant smirk over his shoulder toward his older brother, who sat silently fuming. He had noticed the way Sirius had looked at Saphira last year and even now.

“Who are you looking at, twit?” Saphira asked as she noticed his gaze pinned somewhere behind her. She looked over her shoulder and found Sirius glaring at her. She frowned before turning back to the table.

“Are you still mad at me, Lea?” Severus asked quietly. Saphira turned to him with a frown before letting it fall into a soft smile.

“No, Sev. I’m not mad.”

“Pads!” James frowned as he noticed Sirius attention trained on the Slytherin table from across the Great Hall. Remus leaned and blocked Sirius’s view.

“What? I was glaring at the twit who I have to call my brother,” He defended. It was half-true, he thought to himself. Regulus had been utterly unbearable over the summer.  Somehow, Sirius wasn’t quite sure how, Regulus had figured out that he had feelings for the Malfoy sister and he had dangled his friendship with her in front of his face. On the train, Regulus had sat close to Saphira and even had her head on his shoulder as she slept. Now he hung his arm over her shoulder possessively. Then Sirius watched in fury as Regulus pressed his foul lips to Saphira’s flawless porcelain cheek. Saphira didn’t help the matter by letting him. Of course soon after she shrugged his arm away, but didn’t look angry. Regulus shot him a smug grin and Sirius glared at him until Saphira turned to see what Regulus had been doing. Her blue eyes met his grey and his glare fell. But as his glare fell, she frowned and turned away from him in a huff.