Yeah, Not What You Pictured, Huh?

"Padfoot!" James rushed into the Gryffindor Tower with a mission. His eyes searched out his best friend, shuffling down the stairs. The teen had let his heartbreaker appearance dribble away. His grey eyes didn't sparkle with wanton desire or mischief. His hair, which up until now he had taken excellent care of, seemed to lay flat against his scalp. He didn't walk with the same swagger he had before.  

"Sirius, come quick!" James called out as Sirius looked at him with dim grey eyes.

"What is it?" Sirius asked, suspicious of his friend's intentions.

"Just come on. You'll like it, I promise mate." James grabbed Sirius arm and dragged the Beater out of the tower against his will. Remus and Peter followed behind them easily as they made their way to the library. Sirius scrunched his nose up when he realized where they were leading him.

"Why are you draggin' me to the library, Prongs?" If Sirius had thought about it, he would've figured they were dragging him to the library so they could corner Severus Snape. But they wouldn't have made it a big secret. And Sirius wouldn't have resisted very much. After all, the Slytherin had stolen Saphira Malfoy right from underneath him, literally and figuratively.

"Patience, Sirius." Remus replied, regaining Sirius's attention as he entered first, followed by the rest. Sirius shrugged as his friends led him to a far back corner of the library. His eyes widened when he saw the silhouette of the person sitting at the table. It wasn't Snape, like he had thought or hoped. Sirius noticed she had curled her blonde hair so it hung in volumes around her shoulders. Her shoulders hung as she leaned on her elbows.

"Malfoy." James whispered as the young girl jumped to her feet instantaneously. Saphira locked eyes with Sirius who stared at her with wide eyes. She didn't look much different. Of course it had only been two months, but to Sirius it had felt like an eternity.

"Hello, Sirius." It took Sirius two strides to reach Saphira and encase her in his arms. He pulled her against his chest as she smiled into his shoulder. When they pulled away, they pressed their foreheads against one another as Sirius grinned his trademark crooked grin. Saphira boasted the infamous Malfoy smirk.

"What took you so long?" Sirius asked in a husky whisper as he held her small hands in his firmly.

"Hmph, you're one to talk." Saphira remarked as she smiled softly. James and the others watched in amazement. They had never seen Sirius Black so emotionally involved with a single girl, especially a Slytherin. Of course, they had never seen a Slytherin smile at a Gryffindor the way Saphira smiled at Sirius. The entire scene was ironic.

"Potter says you've been sulking." Saphira commented. Honestly, if Severus had been here and if didn't hate the Marauders so much, he would've added that Saphira herself had been sulking.

"I have not." Sirius objected defensively. He didn't want Saphira to think he was weak.

"They say otherwise." Saphira pointed to the three boys as Sirius glared at them playfully.

"They don't know anything. I was not sulking." He replied as he smirked. Sirius felt warmth invade the space around him and he felt...safe.

"I think you were." Saphira teased before her head perked up and she instantly pulled away from Sirius. Her hands slid out of his and Sirius frowned. The warmth vanished and Sirius was left with dread. Peter chirped in fear when he heard the swish of angry billowing robes. Saphira's eyes widened when the entire Slytherin quidditch team appeared behind the three Gryffindors. Lucius glared at Sirius as he smirked.

"Did you dogs think you could corner a Malfoy?" He hissed as Saphira tensed. She could see them reaching for their wands. Her mind worked in overtime to think of a way for all of them to get out of the library unscathed. The only ways she could think up either ended with Sirius leaving hurt, or her being disowned. She didn't like either of her options.

"Lucius, this isn't necessary." She commented pointedly as she put her hands on her hips, trying to look menacing. However, when compared to her brother's thunderous appearance at the moment, Saphira felt she was failing miserably.

"Quiet Saphira. You're not to become involved with this." Lucius instantly chided his sister as Sirius puffed out his chest in opposition. He hated Lucius Malfoy, but he hated him even more for the possession he held on his sister.

"Don't talk to her like that you snake." He growled as Saphira's eyes widened from behind him.

"And you shouldn't speak at all, blood-traitor." Lucius hissed as he took the three steps it took to reach his sister. Saphira could do little to object as he brother roughly grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Sirius.

"Saphira?" Snape appeared from behind the mass of quidditch players and his eyes narrowed on the indignant Sirius. Lucius smirked and nodded toward Saphira. He released her arm in Severus's direction before turning his attention back to the Marauders.

"Severus, take my sister and get out of here. These idiots thought they would gang up on her." Severus looked suspicious as he turned to face Saphira. Sirius growled when Severus reached out for her and he felt joy swell in his chest. Sirius Black was going to have to watch his ex-lover walk away with him, Severus Snape. Saphira tensed as she saw Sirius reach for his wand. If he pulled it out, she had no doubt in her mind he would be maimed by the malicious Slytherins.

"Saphira!" Sirius shouted as all the Slytherins turned to him in surprise. Lucius sneered as he pointed his wand at the dark-haired teen's throat. Saphira felt her breath hitch in her chest.

"Did you just use a purebloods first name? A blood traitor, like you?" Lucius seethed as Saphira gasped in fear. She didn't want to leave, but felt that Lucius would be more apt to leave if she left. She frowned before turning to Severus, who held a firm grip on her elbow.

"Severus, let's go," She conceded. Lucius lowered his wand and stepped back a half of a step as he watched Saphira turn to leave. Saphira tried to warn Sirius not to attack him but Sirius took her words as a sign of betrayal. His face fell and Saphira was pulled from his sight. Her icy blue eyes disappeared behind her brother.

"Try it, Malfoy." James growled as Saphira pulled at Severus' grip. She felt this inane urge to protect Sirius from her brother. She lived with him; she knew what he was capable of.

"Severus, they'll kill them." She pleaded as she continued to tug on Severus's hold. Severus turned to her suddenly. His eyes flashed and his appearance was thunderous. Honestly, he truly scared Saphira. She had never really been afraid of the quiet boy, but now, it was a different story. He looked ready to commit murder.

"They deserve it." Severus snarled as Saphira stared at him in horrified shock. His words had no remorse, no regret hiding behind them. Saphira knew then that her friend wanted the Marauders dead. Not hexed unconcious. He demanded their heads. She felt a lump grow in her throat as tears welled in her eyes. Severus did not soften like he usually did. He instead tightened his grip and dragged the girl out of the library.

"Let's go, Saphira. No stopping."