Chapter 10

I woke up in a cold sweat in a room bathed in only a dim flickering golden glow. Despite it being relatively dark, the light still stung at my eyes. I looked around as my eyes slowly adjusted to the light. I was tightly tucked in a bed between the sheets and the blanket. As I about to get myself up a hand on my shoulder kept me on my back.

"Are you ok chica?" a man with bright green eyes said gently. "You looked really scared."

"What?" I asked only noticing him sitting at the edge at the bed now. "Wait, where am-?"

He stopped me. "You can ask questions all you want (Name). But for right now your health is my main concern." He looked over to the other side of the room. I looked over and saw a man in a green overcoat and white scarf standing in the doorframe hanging his extra layers on the coat rack nearby. He looked over at us and glanced over at me.

"Finally awake?" he said, with a humorous smirk. I noticed that he took off a white masquerade mask revealing dark brown eyes. "I'll go wake up the brat and tell him the good news."

"Si." The man next to me said. "And get Tim too."

"Yes, yes I'll get little Timmy." He laughed as he exited to get the two people they mentioned earlier.

My eyes stayed glue toward the door until the man was long gone. I looked back at the man at my bed; he had a thermometer in his hand and was dangling it over my face.

"Ahhh~" he said motioning me to open my mouth so he could take my temperature.

I steadfastly refused and kept my mouth locked tight. I didn't like the idea of someone I didn't know putting something in my mouth. Even if they said they were concerned about my health.

"C'mon (Name)," he said waving it in front of my face. "I won't answer your questions until I know your fever broke."

Reluctantly, I opened my mouth, letting him place the cold metal tip under my tongue. It was quiet for a while we waited for the results.

I looked around and noticed that the room I was in was old but well maintained. The walls were painted over in a white eggshell color. The roof was also painted over but in a musty blue. The hall leading out of the room looked as if it was cobblestone but it was to dark to tell from where I was, and the doorframe was older and slightly molding. The only things in the room were the bed, a coat rack, counters fixed to the wall, about a dozen lit candles, and a small worktable cluttered with tools and wires. While the room had light fixtures there were no light bulbs anywhere. Only candles were lighting the room, and not well, if I may add.

He gingerly took out the thermometer out, breaking my train of thought. He squinted to read the temperature in the dim light. He smiled with satisfaction and quickly put it aside and sat on the bed next to me.

"Looks like your fever finally went down," he said smiling.

"Antonio," said a sleepy voice called from the other side of the room to, at least I assumed, the man next to me. "Did you even introduce yourself? It's impolite to wake someone," He glared at the man in the hood who glared at him back. Another man with blonde hair man entered as well, breaking them up with his mere presence.

And he certainly had a presence. Nearly 7 feet tall with a medium build, and cold green eyes that could pierce steel. Even though he was in a simple white shirt and simple pajama bottoms, anyone would want them on their side of a fight, and never see what happens when you oppose him.

"Especially if the person you woke up doesn't even know you're name," the sleepy man said, making his point.

"Yeah," the blonde haired man said, his voice was as low and sturdy as he was. His bangs fell so far down his face every other move he made was to remove the bangs so he could see everything around him. "It's 5 in the morning. If I didn't know who you were, I'd strangle you."