Chapter 11

I was up, and out of bed within 3 seconds of seeing the ATU. I was about to grab it out of Agent Citroen's hand when he yanked back, just out of my reach and covered my mouth with his other hand. He looked up as I saw flakes of paint chip off the ceiling and fall to the floor. And the faint sound of pounding boots to wood very apparent.

"Before that," Agent Citroen said quietly. "This place is unstable. We have to move to the surface.

"The surface?" I wondered under my breath. "Wait, we're underground? How did we get down here?"

"Karpusi," Agent Citroen said, ignoring my rambling, "Get the truck ready, if we run out of gas it's on your head. Adnan, get anything you can to the truck. Don't pack anything we don't need, including your 'secret' stash of sweets.

Agent Adnan sighed in defeat and ran off behind Agent Karpusi.

"Carriedo, go salvage as much as you can. Only essentials and I'll make sure we go unnoticed." He said and as he turned to me, Antonio rushed out the door.

Agent Citroen looked at me, "Agent (Last Name), take care of the men upstairs," He threw me a dagger; my old Undergod dagger, the same one I used on all my heists; Allistor forced me to give up when I first joined the Allies. "Try to keep them in one piece."

I looked to him to ask where he got it from, but he was already halfway out the door, and I quickly followed suit.

I took it out of it's sheath and saw that it was newly polished, and sharpened. It was obvious whoever sharpened my dagger was a master, and knew a blade as well, if not better, than I did.

I grinned as I ran upstairs, not being able to hide my excitement. I've been too "goody two-shoes" for far too long, and my inner criminal needed a release. Being able to do anything I wanted and get away with it was one of the reasons I became a criminal. As I neared the top of the stairs I slowed down, lightening my steps. Taking all the precautions I did when I did at any normal heist.

I stopped near the top of the stairs and took a shaky breath reminding myself what was at stake. My team was in trouble, and these guys were simply speed bumps in my way trying to slow me down.

"Yeah," I muttered trying to calm myself down, "Speed bumps."

There was a pause in their action, then the familiar sound of guns being drawn. If I had to say one thing about them, they had impeccable hearing.

For a slight moment, I thought of attacking right then and there. But I resisted my urges so I could catch them off guard; I'd rather not be riddled with bullets, thank you very much.

30 seconds passed, then a minute, then another; not one sound coming from me or them. I was just about to stop waiting when I heard mumbles from the intruders; something about another being an idiot and that it "was just a rat." I smiled; never let your guard down when invading another's residence, a tip these guys would soon learn.

There were 3 of them; all of them had put their weapons away; perfect. Letting instinct kick in, I floored all of the men within half a minute; all of them were too surprised to draw their weapons. Just as I was about to leave, one of them looked up at me.

He had a multitude of bruises and cuts, most of which were my fault. He was panting heavily as he groggily propped himself up on his elbow; his purple eyes shining through the shade of his hood.

"Great job Dia, you overpowered us." he said with a cocky grin. "You scared the crap out of the Jap."

I smiled, walking over to him and gave him a swift kick in the gut. He groaned in pain but then started to laugh, hysterically even, "Bella, you're as feisty as ever."

"Luciano?" I muttered, half surprised and half in fear. "I thought you-."

"Died? Ha! Not in your life, Bella. No one gets out of the boss' hands scot-free. Not even yours truly. Not even you're truly free."

I scowled as I made my way toward the door. As much as I hated to admit it, Luciano could really get under my skin sometimes. "I would kill you, but I don't have the time right now, Mr. Vargas."

I was halfway out the door when I heard a different voice call out to me, "Mädchen, that was a good fight."

"Hai, (Name)-san. You caught all of us off guard."

I turned, "Lutz? Kuro? You're all still..."

"Of course. 2p!inc. isn't a place you can just leave, he always finds you again," Lutz said.

I was about to ask who 'he' was, I knew they were talking about the boss in charge of 2p!inc. but I never met him. Though the eyes in my dream; I knew those eyes and it was sending me spiraling in circles, I was just too scared to admit who it was. Fearing the answer I walked out the door to meet the other agents when Luciano called to me,

"We'll be seeing you (Name), we all will."