Chapter 3

When Tasha woke the next morning, Clint wasn't there. She panicked for a few seconds, as she did every morning when she woke without him. After she calmed herself down, she sat up a little bit, clutching the sheets to her chest.

"Shit." She said to the sunlight streaming in the room through the open window. She slept in too late, and would be late for work. She stood up and walked the short distance to their bureau and retrieved one of Clint's grey t-shirts and pulled it over her head. It slightly fell off one shoulder and ended at her upper thigh, but it smelled like Clint so his t-shirts were one of her favorite things to wear. She walked into the living room in search of Clint, and found him standing in the kitchen in his boxers, staring at the coffee pot.

"Morning," She said, walking over to him. He turned around and smiled at the sight of her.

"Hey, Tasha. I'm making coffee for us." He said, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her when she came close enough. She put her hands on his chest.

"Oh," he said beginning to kiss down her neck. "Don't worry about work. I told them that we are both taking the day off." He said in between kisses.

"Thank you. We haven't had a day off together in a while." She said as he worked his way back up and nibbled on her earlobe. "Coffee's done." She said, looking over at the pot, then looked back at Clint and smiled, mesmerized by his stormy grey eyes. He smiled back, and after a moment she turned and slipped out of his arms to get two mugs from the cabinet for their coffee. Clint simply watched as she walked back to the coffee pot, bouncing on the balls of her feet. She poured coffee for herself and Clint, then added sugar to his and a tiny bit of cream to hers.

"Thank you." Clint said, handing him his mug.

"Mmm-hmm," Tasha said, which Clint knew meant 'you're welcome'. She bounces over to the couch and sits down with her legs crossed, then grabs the remote and starts flipping through channels. When she finally finds one she likes (FX is playing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest), she leans back and wraps her hands around her mug. Clint walks over and joins her, sitting next to her. She turns and leans on his chest as he puts an arm around her shoulders.

"Marry me?" Clint asks casually after the movie is over.

"What?" Natasha said, completely confused. She lifted her head to look at him.

"Marry me." He repeated, giving Tasha a small lopsided smile. Her heart almost stopped beating when he confirmed what she thought she heard.

"Are you serious?" She asked, sitting up. Clint's arm fell off her shoulders, and he slid his hand over hers.

"Yes. Marry me." He said, and Tasha searched his face for any sort of sarcasm, but she found none.

"Clint I-" She stuttered, pushing her fingers through her hair. "I don't know what to say."

"It's easy. Yes or no." He shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee, and she sighed.

"No its not that easy." She said, putting her mug on the coffee table. "It's asking me to spend the rest of my life with you. That's a huge commitment. And I know we want kids, but-"

"Kids are a big commitment too, Tash. We already spend 90 percent of our time together, so why not? And I do want to spend the rest of my life with you, Tasha. I love you." Clint said, putting his mug down next to hers, then taking Tasha's hands in his own. "And I can't imagine my life without you. I'll be honest with myself, if you died on a mission or something, then I would probably kill myself to be with you. We can pull a Romeo and Juliet." Tasha smiled a little, and Clint smiled back. "So, Natasha Romanoff," he said, sliding off of the couch and onto one knee while still holding her hands, "Will you marry me?"