Chapter 6

Natasha woke to Clint's angry voice talking to someone in the next room. The shades were still down, so that there was almost no light in the room. Sighing and rubbing her eyes to wipe the sleep away from them, she stood up, but stopped when she pulled her fingers away and they were wet. Then, she remembered her dream and crying and Clint holding her and Tasha quickly shut her eyes to stop remembering her horrible dream. Nat found one of Clint's grey shirts which may or may not have been dirty. But she didn't care. All she cared about was getting the images of her nightmare out of her head, and Clint's smell always helped. As she took off her big sleeping shirt and slipped on Clint's huge t-shirt, she listened to Clint's voice speaking on what she assumed was his phone.

"No, I didn't sleep with her, dumbass. She invited me over to have a couple of drinks and I fell asleep on the couch." He was saying. There was a pause as he waited for the person on the phone to reply.

"Because you guys are all assholes when you're drunk, that's why." He said, and she smiled. Before going over to him, she slipped into the bathroom and rinsed her mouth with water and splashed her face with water to wake herself up. She then walked silently over to Clint as he was hanging up the phone and placing placing it in his back pocket with his back facing her. He must have heard the water run in the bathroom and hung up. As a good morning, she slipped her arms around his middle and placed her head on his bare back in between his shoulder blades. He smiled and she picked her head up as he turned around and placed his hands on either side of her face and kissed her gently.

"Morning, beautiful." Clint whispered after their kiss, grinning, and Natasha grinned back.

"Morning, hawk. Who was on the phone?" She asked, and he sighed and ran his hand through his hair, stepping away from Tasha.

"Shit, Tash. You heard that?" Clint asked, and she nodded her head slowly, cautious as to why he didn't want her to know. "I thought you were asleep." He continues.

"I was, then you woke me up." She mumbled, but Clint didn't hear her because he kept talking.

"It was Tony being an ass and complaining to me about his quote, 'major - ass hangover' and wondering why we didn't stay and party with them. Once he got over that, he realized that he meant to call you, not me, but I picked up, which lead to him asking me if I slept with you, which I obviously had to say no, which I did, then I brought up drinking again, then I hung up on him." He babbled and used his hands to talk, which Nat found adorable. She smiled at his exasperated expression as he plowed his hand through his hair again.

"So, that whole call was pretty much a waste of time?" She asked,and he shook his head slightly.

"Actually, no. Tony said he wanted to talk to you about something, he wouldn't tell me what. He wants you to come see him sometime today." Natasha nodded, she had no idea what Tony was up to, but she was determined to find out what.