Chapter 12: I Need You

[[ Dean P.O.V./ "I Found" -by Amber Run" ]]

I run into the hospital with Elena, who is almost lifeless in my arms. Sam catches up behind me. Sam begins to yell for help, over and over. The doctors look up and notice what is happening. The blood soaks her clothes and begins to get all over my light gray shirt and the bottom of my neck.

"Somebody help! Please!"  I scream at the top of my lungs.  I look down at Elena as she looses consciousness, her grip on my hand loosens and she lets go.  "No, Elena stay with me."  I continue to say.  I've said it so many times the words begin to sound strange.

Things begin to feel as if they are in slow motion.  Sam runs over to the doctors and a group of them run back, calling other doctors.  For a moment I think:

Here's this girl in my hands.  The first time I met her I would've never thought she would eventually mean so much to me.  I just happened to stumble upon her quite literally during a case.  Just a random case.  She was just another girl to me.  But now...now I see it.  She isn't just another girl.  She's special, she's different, and she's strong.  She gives me this feeling when I'm with her that no other girl has ever given me before.  I can't even put it into words.  I can't explain it.  It's like we were made for each other.  I need her.  I need her so damn much.  These feelings that have been building up since the moment I met her are literally exploding out of me now and I can't hold back anymore.  I can't even describe where it came from it just happened.  I care about her.  She can't die, not now.  I should've just let her come with us.  She would be okay right now if I would've just listened to her.

My thoughts are interrupted.  "Dean, Dean let her go!"  Sam yells in my face.  I snap out of it and realize the doctors are ready to take her back and operate on her.  They help me place her down on the gurney as quickly as possible and her eyes slowly begin to open again. She gasps as she wakes back up, panicking a little. The doctors calm her, holding her down and telling her she will be okay. Her face is white and her skin loses its color as she continues to lose blood. 

She immediately looks over at me, with those beautiful brown eyes of hers—and I grab her hand again. She squeezes my hand as the doctors begin to quickly run her down the hallways. Sam and I follow. Her face starts to look even whiter and she begins choking a little. The blood comes out of her wound more and a doctor places their hand over it. Tears run down her face as she looks at me.

Uncontrollable tears form in my eyes as an overwhelming wave of guilt washes over me, "You're going to be okay, everything is going to be okay." I say to her over and over as her eyes slowly begin to shut again. Once again her tight grip on my hand loosens until her hand becomes lifeless.

The doctors roll her away from Sam and I and into an emergency surgery room. We aren't allowed in. Sam and I both stop dead in our tracks as we're blocked. "Dammit.." I say out loud, I feel the anger inside me begin to rise. I punch the wall as hard as I can in just pure rage.

"Dean stop, calm down. We have to stay calm." Sam says as he grabs ahold of me and pulls me back into a corner.  I look down at my hands to see them covered in Elena's blood. "This is all my fault. I should've just listened to her Sam. I should've just let her come with us. Her blood is on my hands. Everyone around me dies, they always die.  I can't be responsible for her Death, Sam, I..." I begin to cry angrily.

"Dean, okay, stop it. This isn't your fault, none of this is your fault. Calm down, we have to stay calm for her.  We're responsible for her now.  She has no one else, except us.  We have to be here for her and we have to be strong  for her." Sam says with tears in his eyes as he grabs me comfortingly, taking me back to the waiting room.