Chapter 16: Arachnes

[[ "Fuel to Fire" -Agnes Obel •I'm in love with this song right now tbh• ]]

We drive for a few hours until Sam seemingly finds out about a case in a city nearby. He talks on the phone with another hunter for about fifteen minutes and as soon as he gets off the phone he gives Dean and I the information he was given from another hunter.

Dean decides we should check it out, but it's something Sam and Dean haven't had much experience with. The hunter thinks the town is filled with some kind of nasty creatures called Archnes. Dean claims its like a human that acts the way a spider would, but it's obviously not human. Sounds quite weird and creepy.  I hate spiders, but what the heck?  I've got Sam and Dean, I'll be fine.

After a few minutes I start to doze off and Sam does the same.

After about an hour, rain begins to softly hit the windshield and it wakes me up from my much-needed slumber. The sound of the droplets hitting the car plus the soft music Dean is playing makes me feel comfortable and as if I could fall asleep all over again. It's peaceful.

As soon as I open my eyes I feel my head resting on something that seems to be moving. I sit up quickly, realizing I had been sleeping with my head resting on Dean's shoulder while he was driving. As I sit up, he looks over at me and smiles. "Good-morning there, beautiful." I blush slightly as he says this and I smile, moving a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry I fell asleep on you. You could've moved me over!" I laugh as I look straight ahead at the road. "No, it's fine. I really didn't mind. You looked so at peace. I didn't wanna wake you." He speaks in a quiet voice, keeping in mind that Sam is still sound asleep. I swallow thickly and smile again. "I was, I was pretty comfortable." I look out the window beside me, watching rain fall from the dark, grey clouds.

A few moments of silence pass, and Dean speaks up once more. "Elena, what was Cas saying to you?  You know, when you two were talking?"  He quite suddenly asks as he continues to watch the road, not even glancing over at me. I look over at him and notice the expression on his face has become a more serious one. "He was...telling me some things about you and I. He was...explaining how...there could never be any settling..." I explain. Before I can explain even further, Dean interrupts. "He's right. There's no settling down with this life.  There's no time.  And it's just too dangerous.  This is what I'm meant to do." He says, his tone becoming different with me. He clenches the steering wheel a little tighter as he drives. "You sure you wanna do this?" He asks.

I stare at him, licking my dry lips before slowly nodding. "I'm sure." I answer after a bit of a pause. My eyes are squinted slightly.  He looks over at me with an overpowering look of relief and maybe even love. There's no way that's a look of love, though. You couldn't possibly fall in love with someone that quickly at this point. Especially not myself.  There's just too many layers.

He tilts his head almost, now giving me a look of question. "Why?" He asks, looking back at the road. "Because, I just have a feeling, Dean.  I just want this." I say as I lean back into the seat, looking at the road. I cross my arms over my chest, my mind beginning to go into its deep thought.  I see him look over at me while he drives and his hand slowly makes its way to my right cheek. He softly runs his fingers over my face and turns me toward him. He leans in quickly and kisses my lips for the second time. It feels like everything around us stops, only for a moment. As cheesy as it sounds, it really does feel like the world stops spinning. Every time I feel his touch on me, it affects me in this way.  I hate it and love it at the same time.  He has this...hold over me that I can't control at all.

He pulls away and looks at the road again. "I have never met a girl like you...in my entire life.  Where have you been?" He says, turning the music up a little. I just smile, biting my lip. I look over at him and just blush without control. "Apparently I've been in the wrong place, until now." I answer. As I say this I see a small smile turn into a wide smirk across his perfect lips. He looks over at me and grins.