Chapter Nineteen : XO

Recap.

    Shawn Kents

"Damon stop!" I made my way behind him trying to pull him back with his shirt but he drug me along behind him not even minding my tugging.

     "Ayee !" He barked at Travis , making him turn around.

    Travis' eyes darted towards me and a look of worry took his face over.

He seen him sigh at the sight of Damon. He's fuming.

          "Shawn get ya' body guard before he get hurt." He grinned. 

Damon swung first, hitting Travis square in the jaw followed by another two punches. Travis started swinging , though I could tell they weren't as hard as Damon's, they sure as hell were faster than his.

    They wrestled each other to the ground, both hitting each other in the abdomen. Damon , made his way on top and started swinging again. After the third hit, a security guard bulldozed his way through the crowd and pulled the two apart. 

I was stunned. I didn't know what to do. How to handle it. Should I have even told Damon? I felt a feminine hand grab mines and Kayla's voice pulling me towards the parking lot. 

2 months Later

"..And finally, Always be yourself.. Unless you can be Beyoncè. Then be Beyonce"

"Bitch you can't say that at a graduation" I looked at my self in the mirror, adjusting my cap and gown.

    Its been 3 months since that whole incident with Travis. I'm completely over him. He was never worth my time to begin with if that's how he planned on treating me the first week into our 'relationship' or whatever the fuck you wanna call that thing I pursued.

I'm more worried about college, I got accepted in to my first pick of colleges so that's where my heads at.

     "Bitch I'll say what I want. I'm valedictorian."  Kayla said, walking up behind me to fix her hair.

"Mhm." I placed my palms on my dresser and took a deep breathe.

Inhale. Exhale.

    "What you thinking about?"

I breathed heavily once again, "Nothing. Just glad this shit is over." I lied. Of course I'm thinking of Travis. He's not my first love or anything, I've never had one of those. But I can't help feeling like we could've been something special. We could've been everything.

That's over now.

    I still talk to Damon but we're not dating. He's asked me plenty of times in the last few months and I've been reluctant to say no.

"Okay, I'm cute. We can go now." Kayla said smiling at herself in the mirror.

   I grabbed my keys and rolled my eyes, "You so extra for no reason."

"Love you too." She kissed my cheek and ran past me to get to my car.

    "Ma! I'll see you there Okay." I yelled walking out and locking the door.

-

We pulled up to school and the parking lot is packed.

    I hate events like these.

I found a parking space, and we made our way inside. The lobby was filled with the parents of children I hate. Most of these fuckers shouldn't even be graduating the way their GPAs are set up.