12

Narrator POV

Luke quickly ran to the spot he and Calum were at the other night. He just needed to get away from Michael or he might do something really drastic. Even though he deserves it, Luke thought. He slowed down to a walking pace and walked over to a small opening to the lake, he could see ducks in the water, swimming happily, not knowing of the cruel world around them. Or maybe they do, who knows.

He sat on a dry patch of grass, he tried to calm down from the adrenaline rush that he had only moments ago. How could Michael do this to him? Luke knows it's selfish, but why did it have to be him? Why couldn't it be someone else walking alone at night ?

Of course Luke had to get turned into a vampire, Luke never had very good luck, he was always the one to get shat on by birds, to slip and fall, all that stuff. And now, he's been turned into a vampire, got extra blood thirsty and killed his parents. All thanks to Michael. Luke felt his eyes tear up a little, and sniffled, he missed his mum. He needed her support right now, she was always good at comforting him. He missed his dad, too, he would always say those stupid dad jokes to cheer him up. Sadly, he can't have that anymore.

Luke has to let go, he has to move on. This is his life now, living with Calum. And Ashton and Michael, temporarily, hopefully. He has to accept it for how it is. Live in the now, not the past, Luke said to himself. He got up, he spotted some Lotus flowers close to the edge. He walked over and reached down and grabbed two of them.

He started off with one, putting the other on the ground. He started to speak,"Mum, if you can hear me, I hope you can, this flower represents you, and I can never ever make up for what I did to you, I'll never forget it and I'll probably never forgive myself for it, but I hope you can accept that I'm going to try and move on from it, I'm probably never going to be able to bring you back, same with dad, but who knows, if vampires exist then imagine what else does, there could be a way. But until then, I'm going to say goodbye, and that I love you so much, and I'll forever miss you," with that, he leaned down and pushed the flower on the water to make it float away.

He picked up the next one, "Dad, this one is to you, this flower represents you as well, I'll have to live with the fact that I killed you with the rest of my life, and as I said with mum, if there's a way I can bring you back I would. Even though you will probably disown me and hate me forever, at least I'll be able to know that you are both alive. I'm gonna miss you and mum so much, I love you both, thank you for the life that you gave me, even though I pretty much ruined that by killing you, without you I probably wouldn't be alive, which by now you probably wished you never had me. But, this is me moving on, this is me saying goodbye, I love you," Luke pushed the flower away like he did with his mothers.

Luke wiped a tear away from his face and sat back down on the dry patch of grass. That was it, they're gone now, Luke thought.

--

From far away on the other side of the Lake, Cameron had spotted Luke on the other side. He saw the boy putting the flowers in the water, and didn't bother putting his vampire hearing to use, he thought up a plan on how to approach the boy. He used his super speed to get to Dan who was about 500 meters away from him. He didn't bother with Sam because he was too far away. When he got to Dan he told him what he saw and his plan to approach the boy.

Soon, they were about 100 meters away from Luke, watching him. They saw he wasn't moving any time soon, so they walked up to him slowly. When they reached him, Dan accidentally stepped on a stick, making Luke spin around extremely quickly. When he saw the two men he stood up immediately.

"Who are you?" Luke questioned wearily.

Cameron smiled,"This is Dan, and I'm Cameron, we were just on a walk and we spotted you, we came to see what you were doing so far out in the forest?"

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, frowning,"I could ask you the same thing."

"We're looking for someone," Dan said.

Cameron frowned, they were not going to tell him that, but went along with it anyway,"Yes, we've been looking for a lad who's been missing for awhile."

Luke swallowed, thinking it might be him they were looking for, "You guys don't exactly look like a search party."

"It's more of a...private investigation," Cameron said.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" Dan questioned Luke.

Luke licked his lips,"I ran away."

"So you're sleeping out here with no shelter and food? Bit of a long way to the city isn't it?" Cameron said to Luke, still deciding whether the boy was a vampire or not.

A breeze blew by in Luke's direction, and he got a whiff of their scent. He could tell they weren't human, then he said,"Not when you're a vampire."

"So you are a vampire," Cameron whispered,"Well, I was wondering if you've seen a guy with maybe brightly coloured hair, maybe not, could be dark hair."

Luke raised his eyebrows sarcastically,"Very specific."

Luke knew he was talking about Michael, and Luke couldn't decide whether or not to throw Michael under the bus or not, he feels like he deserves it, but then again he did apologise, he would've died if Michael didn't turn him into a vampire, but then again his parents would be alive if he had let him die.

"You know what I mean, he probably has brightly coloured hair, his name is Michael," Cameron specified.

Luke grew nervous, so it was Michael,"No, I haven't."

"You're lying," Cameron said to him.

Luke continued,"No I'm not, I haven't seen anyone while I've been here."

"Then tell us why your heartbeat has sped up, you have no belongings, you seem fairly clean and they look like fresh clothes," Dan said.

"I only got here a two days ago, I was in a hurry, didn't think to get any belongings because I was in shock from killing my parents accidentally, and you guys are kinda creeping me out," Luke made up on the spot.

Suddenly, before Cameron could reply a blond haired boy ran super speed up to them and stop right before him, "Guys! I found a..." Sam had spotted Luke now,"house."

Luke swallowed, knowing he was screwed now.

"So you were lying, you found a house didn't you, you know the house Sam's talking about don't you?" Cameron asked angrily, Luke didn't answer. Cameron stepped closer to him  "Don't you?"

Luke quickly shook his head signalling a yes to the intimidating man.

"See? You could've gone the easy way and told us straight away, but you didn't did you? You wanted to make things harder for yourself, because now I know you were lying, and I can't trust you to walk with us without trying to escape," Cameron said angrily.

Cameron quickly grabbed onto Luke's arm just as he was about to run. "Gotcha."

"Sam, take us to the house, Dan, call Josh," Cameron ordered.

Luke knew that he was screwed now.

-----------

Well shit I haven't updated since october last year wtf, sorry.

-Kiara