06

When I wake up the next morning, I feel really motivated to move out of this tree house and I don't know why. I guess living in it for five months has finally bored me. I told Calum that I was ready to move out, and he happily agreed with me, but he suggested to go out for a hunt first and then come back and pack our things.

So we left to go eat and we caught another wolf, Calum is really good at catching them, makes me kinda jealous. We also caught a fox or two, and then we came back to the tree house. I didn't really have much to pack, I just had to pack the songs in my bag carefully, trying not to crumple them. As soon as we had packed up, we left again.

As my feet touched the ground I looked up at the tree house I called home for five months. It's going to be hard leaving it, but then again, not really. There may be a home close by, and whenever I need alone time, I can just run away to here. I turn away from the tree house and Calum smiles at me, I smile back.

"Maybe we should just walk for now, and then maybe by mid-day if we haven't found anything we'll pick up the pace," Calum says.

"Sounds good to me," I say.

We start or somewhat long journey, walking at a steady pace. We joke around and talk about random things, like old memories from our childhoods. The brown and orange leaves crunch under our feet and the sun only barely shines through the thick tree leaves high above our heads. After around an hour of walking we stop to take a break. We aren't really tired but we just want to sit down, we both agreed that our feet hurt. We take a seat against an oak tree.

"Uh, Luke?" I hear Calum say from beside me, I turn to him.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Um, you know how we've kissed and stuff?" Calum says, his cheeks going slightly pink.

"Yeah?" I say, my cheeks going pink as well.

"Well, what- what are we? Are we just, like, kiss buddies or what?" He says awkwardly.

"Um, I don't know, I just- I like you, I do, alot, but we've only just met but I don't know, I would take you out on a date if the circumstances were different, but I'm not sure," I ramble.

"I like you, alot, too, and yeah, I understand, I'm a bit unsure myself, that's why I wanted to ask you, but maybe we should stop with the kissing and stuff, until we're sure what we want to do?" He says.

"I guess thats fine, but can I kiss you one last time?" I say with a smile.

"Sure," He says, and our lips connect in a sweet kiss.

It lasted for a couple of seconds, and then we pull away, smiling.

"We should get going," I say, and I stand up, offering Calum a hand up.

He takes it and we continue to walk further into the forest, in search for a new home. We walk for another half an hour and then we start to run, it was getting late, and we needed to find somewhere to stay soon or we would be camping out, and I do not want to do that.

As I was running, I noticed that every third tree or so had a horizontal scratch on it, like it was some sort of path to remember, and I furrowed my brows. I slowed down my pace, and Calum noticed that I had and slowed down too until we were stopped. I walk up to one of the trees with a mark on it and look at it closely, it looked like it had been carved into the tree a very long time ago, with a knife.

"What do you think it's for?" Calum asks.

"I don't know, maybe it's a trail, I didn't notice any trees near the treehouse with a scratch on it though," I say.

"Maybe there's a house nearby or something," Calum suggests

"Maybe, and if there is, I feel like it won't be abandoned," I say.