one

^Amar Sanchez

This scene is too precious to let go, so grab some popcorn and keep reliving it with me.

_____________

The small, contemporary movie theater sat at the middle of Harkens County in Las Vegas.

It was more for sex and white teens with a camera, to show how "grunge"or "indie" they are, than actually watching a movie. The owner of 20 cinema, dedicated it to playing his pick of movies, in a very oldish atmosphere.

It didn't pay well, but enough to say you have a job, with somewhat of a steady income.

Amar was the one and only worker at 20 cinema, it was job no one wanted.

He certainly didn't want it.

His mother thought it would be a splendid idea, given the fact that she was in love with american cinema since she first watched it as a little girl.

He couldn't disappoint his mother. The brown skin woman had only 1 son, and the thought of her not being able to relate was almost heartbreaking for her.

Hurting his mother in any way shape or form, would hurt him just as much.

Working at 20 cinema had some benefits. You hardly had to do anything, since no one comes.

The scratchy blue and white uniform shirts, with the unoriginal logo was pretty comfortable.

And you could smoke as many blunts as many cigarettes as your lungs can take, without passing out.

The spacious parking lot in the middle of nowhere brought amazing fresh air and silence. Amar loved silence, silent movies, cats, silent people. It was something he took time in perfecting. Speaking as little as possible, and taking in as much as possible.

Whether it be a soundless movie or being in a secluded parking lot in the middle of nowhere, he took in as much as possible.

The regular customers and the normal scene teens, he knew everyone of them by name, without saying much but asking what they wanted to see.

So when Amar saw an unfamiliar red mustang with Graphics printed all over it. It was something he hadn't seen.

He squinted his eyes to try to get a good look at the person who unsuccessfully parked into a space.

He noticed it was an unfamiliar customer who didn't look like his normals.

For one, she had dark skin that gleamed with the moon light. And the curly black hair that reached past her neck.

He was awed.

He rarely had a new customer, and even then it happened, every few months.

The blinding light blocked his view, but he did catch the burning death stick between her big, plump lips.

And instantly she was someone that Amar wanted to know.

The way she wore her baggy 90's inspired clothes, or the way she blew the cigarette with such ease, it looked like it wasn't killing her, silently on the inside.

When she made it up to the "protected" glass cylinder she sat the cigarette on the ground and stomped on it with a little too much force, than needed. Blowing the excess smoke up in the air, making a dainty smoke cloud that she stared at for a little.

He was impressed at how she seemed so awake, and it was an hour before midnight. Amar could barely stay up and he has been doing this for a year now.

"Um, 'scuse me..." she paused looking at his name tag, "...Amar, I was wondering if you had any Quentin Tarantino movies showing tonight".

Amar was confused why anybody would come watch a movie at 11:00 at night.

But it was refreshing to see someone so weirdly beautiful, watch movies in this run down theater.

"Yeah, just pulp fiction and Inglorious Basterds"

She seemingly perked up, with a little calf raise that made Amar feel giddy on the inside.

"How much for Pulp fiction"

"Its free, only if I can get your name"

Her eyebrows went up and a sneaky smile creeped on her face.

"Jasmine, Jasmine Lowry"

"Amar, Amar Sanchez"

I'm feeling this a lot

Dedicated to the amazing writer @SZA_00