three

The orange and pink sky above the Sherwood park was known for being dotted with kites with multiple designs from various cultures. 

The fall breeze created waves of string and multicolored diamond shapes, that would awe anyone.

It was also one of Amar's favorite time of the year. Bringing his little cousins along with his Rottweiler named Quintin after his saints day.

Every October 15th he dedicated that day to family and remembering his love ones that couldn't make it to this joyous day of family and friends.

So when he read the calendar and it was in fact the 15th of October, he couldn't but smile. He thought of sending a text to Jasmine to come with him.

But nerves got the best of him wondering if he was being too clingy or annoying.

His calloused hands brushing through his bed head, his head running ideas on how not become too obsessed. Even though  he knew damn well he was obsessed with Jasmine Lowry. 

The beauty of one girl was so rare. Her raw passion and intelligence was something that he enjoyed even more than her exasperating looks.

Amar's bland beige room was filled with Joey Badass and Frank ocean's song lyrics splattered his walls. The none exciting black and white bed that laid crooked from his wild sleeping.

Being a college graduate with a low paying job didn't get you a lavish bedroom with modern appliances, but it did get him a smile from his mother every morning and truly that was all he needed to be satisfied. Or so he thought.

. . .

"¿Por qué, estàs tan feliz ?"

His mother Sofía's brown skin glowed with the light of the morning. Her golden brown hair in tight long curls, and her short chubby built was something Amar cherished with every given moment.

"What do you mean, Mamà"

"I mean the cheesy grin on your handsome face, nino"

Sofía grabbed his cheeks and put small kisses on the 5' 11 grown man. Amar quickly but softly removed his mother's hand off of his face.

"Mamá, estoy demasiado  viejo para esto"

"You'll never be too young for me, nino"

Amar kissed his mother goodbye silently, sent a few prayers in front of his family shrine,  kissed his late father's only war picture and left his mother singing Selena out of tune.

. . .

The ride to Sherwood park was something out of a movie. It was in the middle of a national forest reserve. Trees and rose bushes covered the driving lane on both sides adding a shower of petals flowing over his car. The windows were rolled down so the sound from the breeze was the only thing you could hear. This was the time that Amar would go 10 miles an hour and just take a breathe in. The secluded moments of time, where you would just pray that everything would just stop so you can enjoy the beauties of life and what earth fully as to offer.

Just a filler into Amar's family life and stuff.

-amani