Chapter 5: Making An Impression

MELANIE'S POV:

Bianca has been here for a week, one very long week. When she texted me two weeks ago, all I could do was cry. And when she arrived at my house last week, all we could do was cry together. After all our tears have been drained from our bodies we finally got a chance to talk. Bianca's mom died after giving birth to her, so her father took care of her. Just two weeks ago he died of a heart attack leaving Bianca an orphan. My parents took her in and now our entire house has finally finished grieving.

"Today, I can see the sun. Something millions of miles away, but so bright, so warm, so comforting." Bianca said gazing out the glass sliding door of what is now our room.

"You are a poet now" I asked.

"I've been writing poetry for so time now, where have you been?" Bianca said opening the door. "Oh wait, I know. You've been living it up here in L.A."

"Which you will be doing now until we leave for college"

"But first I need to find a sexy tour guide like you did."

"First, my tour guide came to me, and second you will definitely find one"

"Speaking of tour guides, I see yours now. Ohh, and he has his shirt off."

"Oh la la" I said as I walked onto my balcony. "Wow, is it weird that my vision is watching him in slow motion right now" I asked.

"Melanie you are too crazy"

"Oh gosh, he's looking at us. Quick, wave!"

We both waved as he walked out onto his balcony.

"Enjoy the show?" Jacob asked flexing.

"What show, no one was watching you get dressed" I said sounding guilty as hell.

"You still are a bad liar" Bianca said laughing.

"Yeah, her voice gets all high at the end of her sentences" Jacob said joining her.

"Okay, we all know that I'm a horrible liar" I admitted.

"So are you two coming to school today?" Jacob asked.

"Yep, we are" Bianca responded.

"Hey, can we ride with your mom to school today" I asked. "You know my parents have to be the work at like 5:00, and I need to be to school early but not that early"

"Of course, babe" Jacob answered. "We leave at 6:30"

"Thanks, Je t'aime." I said blowing him a kiss as I turned to go inside.

"Te amo también" Jacob replied.

Bianca and I went back into our room and Jacob into his.

"So, are you two serious yet?" Bianca asked from the bathroom. "I mean, saying I love you in different languages, that's a giant step."

“The truth is, saying it in a different language is actually easier. I don’t think we’re ready to say it in English.” I replied.

“Well do you really love him?”

“Oh my gosh, you’re asking me too many questions. How about at least asking me questions about school, being that it is your first day?”

“Avoiding the question, I see.”

“Whatever.  You have an hour by the way.” I said as I started to brush my hair.

Bianca and I got ready and soon we were with Jacob and his mom, driving to school. I explained to them why I wanted to get to school early. Elections for sophomore class representative are this week and I am trying to get ahead of the competition. I made tons of posters and I even thought of ways to scope out my competitors. I am ready to show that school who Melanie Valette really is.