forever

"Ana! Stop being a slowpoke! C'mon!" Clint shouted at her from the doorway. "Nat and the team should be here any minute! You got to wash up!"

Ana's eyes widened and she looked down at her hands that were covered in dirt. She was sitting on her knees in front of the Barton's garden.

Ana stood to her feet, jogging over to the front door when she was nearly knocked over by someone speeding past her.

"You've got to be quicker than that, darling," Pietro panted, smirking at her. "I am going to beat you to the shower!" He chuckled, pecking her on the cheek.

Ana grinned, playfully rolling her eyes at him. Clint chuckled, causing Ana's attention to turn towards him.

"What's so funny?" Ana demanded, hitting him on the shoulder. Clint grinned at her.

"I can't believe the two of you are together. I would never have seen that coming."

Ana shrugged, her cheeks heating up. "Me either, but I can't say I regret it either."

Before Ana could protest or say anything, Laura came at her with a wet towel.

"Oh honey," she sighed. "I don't know how you manage to get so dirty."

Lila, who was now about thirteen or fourteen, popped out from behind her mother, holding a large, wet canvas in her hands.

"Anastazya! I finished my painting of you and Pietro! It came out great, want to see?"

Laura looked at her teenage daughter with a frown. "There's no time for that, dear. Steve, Natasha, Nick, Thor, Bruce and Maria will be here any second and Ana looks like she spent the last hour rolling around in the dirt."

"Correction," Clint chuckled. "She did."

"Wanda?" Laura called out. "Please help me get Ana dressed!"

A slightly older-looking Wanda descended from the staircase, wearing a yellow, floral sundress.

"Oh geez," Wanda sighed, grabbing Ana by the wrist and dragging her into the nearby guest room.

Before Ana could even process anything, she was sitting at the Barton's dinner table, fully dressed and proper. Natasha and Bruce were holding hands underneath the table, Steve and Maria chatted idly while Wanda and Laura finished up lunch in the kitchen. Thor and Tony were having one of their classic debates on Mjolnir and the elevator while Clint and Nick watched amused. Sam listened intently as James began telling him one of his "War Machine Stories".

Ana felt someone squeeze her hand and whipped her head to the side to see it was Pietro, who was smiling at her. She squeezed it back, leaning over and pressing a chaste kiss to his lips.

"This is nice, yeah? The team back together again?"

Ana nodded, resting her head on Pietro's shoulder. "Yeah. Reminds me of the good o'l days. Don't you miss them?"

Pietro grimaced.

"Eh, I am glad they are over."

Anastazya laughed, turning her head when Tony stood to his feet and began tapping his glass with a fork.

"I would like to propose a toast, to our guest of honor. Who is just about to find out, she is the guest of honor. Anastazya," Tony announced, and everyone laughed, clapping excited. Ana's eyebrows furrowed together. "As you all may know, I have announced my retirement as CEO of Stark Industries in the press. The media has been asking who is going to take my place. Certainly not another Stark, considering neither Pepper or I have any children. Or at least, that's what they think. I am passing on Stark industries to you, Ana. The only child I have ever, and will ever have."