oh, midgardians!

The sky split into two as the weight of the moisture became too large a burden for the clouds to carry, as they released their freight onto the world below. From atop Stark Tower, it looked optimistic, but from the borough of Brooklyn, it looked just about as optimistic as Anastazya felt in that moment. The funereal sky, once the playing field for dancing upon the wind currents and kissing rainstorms, was dim and sunless, void of any hope for warmth. In this new life, she couldn't even dream to return there. Like the clouds, she too harbored a large burden, but if she were to unleash it, it would only fester until it was a pouring wound, consistently oozing misery unto everything around her.

Kian leaned his head against the door frame, looking dejectedly at his new friend as she sat hunched by the windowsill, cheeks flushed from surely another onslaught of seemingly ceaseless crying. Parts of her hair had begun to reject the new hair color, a rigid strand of stark white tucked behind her ear as her eyes wandered somewhere Kian could not hope to reach her.

Ignoring his better instincts, he entered the small room, watching cautiously as Anastazya whipped her head around to gaze at him, eyes dull and sad.

"Oh," She mumbled, slowly returning to her previous position. "It's just you."

He thought it appropriate to joke at that moment, producing an inauthentic smirk to match his faux wry humor. There was nothing to laugh about anymore, but he could try.

"Just me? Oh, I'm flattered," He chuckled, eyeing her hesitantly. "How are you feeling doll?"

Ana shrugged, not having the strength or motivation to produce a real answer. Kian joined her on the small nook next to the windowsill.

"You know I am here for you, right?"

"I know. It is eleventh time you have told me," Ana muttered, not intending to sound ungrateful for Kian's unwavering kindness. Her once sweet voice had developed a bitter tone once she had lost the love in her life.

"Can't let you forget, friend," Kian reassured her. "You aren't completely alone in this, as much as you isolate yourself. I may never know the repercussions of this life you lead-"

"Used to lead."

"-Used to lead, sorry. But I know when its okay to ask for help sometimes Ana."

"About those repercussions..." Buzz chimed in from the door, his usual playful tone sapped from his voice completely. His voice was void of any positive emotion, any emotion at all for that matter. He looked like he had seen some things. "We might find out about those soon."

Kian's brows furrowed, his head tilting slightly in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Buzz took long strides towards the window, pointing an accusatory finger at the scene unfolding outside, gone largely unnoticed by the two of them as Kian attempted to coax Anastazya from sulking. His heart dropped to his stomach, and Buzz watched him inquisitively.

"They're here."