chapter 1

I slowly opened my eyes and sit up, all i see is darkness. I looked around, my heart start to beat so  fast as i get scared. I can't see anything. I tried to feel the ground and realize im holding some dried leaves. "w-where am i?" my voice is shaking in panic. i stand up slowly. I took a little, careful steps forward since i can't see anything. I can feel my tears streaming down my face. thats when i feel a muscular body pressed against my back.

Somebody hugged me so gentle from behind. He lower his head to my ear and says "Ssshh. don't be scared, (your/name). im here now"

He gently turn me to face him but i cant see his face because its dark but i felt his thumbs wiping my tears away. "Just hold my hand tight" he said softly. I nodded, wasn't able to say anything but did exactly what he said and followed him as we start to walk forward. I still didn't have a clue who is my 'knight in shining armor' but his voice is familiar.

I held his hand tightly when i saw a light at the end of whatever we are walking on. "Look! there's a light over there!" i said then i heard him chuckles, oh its such a music to my ears. we slightly run towards the light. when we get there, i realize that we are in a forest. there's a large tree's everywhere and dried leaves on the ground.

I looked at our hands and saw that its still entwined with each others. I looked up and gasped "Kurama?" his green eyes are locked with (your/eyecolor). He smiled and kissed my hand softly and says while still staring at me. "Will you be my valentine, (your/name)"

"I'd love to kurama" i said as i blush. He is still starting at me and said "(your/name) wake up" i tilt my head confused and asked "what??"
~*~

"(your/name)!!!! WAKE UP!" my head shoot up as i was startled by haruka's voice. I yawn as i looked around and realize im still at school. "Why? why did you have to wake me up! i was having the best dream ever!! why did you have to ruin it!" i cried at her as i playfully hit her with my book.

"Whoa! hey! stop that! i didn't know and besides you slept during the entire class. its lunch break already!" haruka said as she grab the book from me and put it down. "i don't care! kuram---" i bit my lips. as i remember that here in the human world he is known as Shuichi minamino. "Shuichi asked me to be his date for valentines day and you ruined it" i whispered at her.

We stare in silent and look at kurama who is still on his chair putting his stuff on his bag. haruka whispered back at me. "(your/name), i never heard that Shuichi has a love interest or crush. he never ask anyone out. but if you want to be his date for the valentines day. you need to gather all your courage and tell him but good luck with that! there are a lot of girls who are dying to be his date as well"

Thats right girls here at school are getting crazy for saturday, i still have 2 days before the valentines day. i can do this! i just need to be alone with him! "i can do it. i'll ask him right now" i grinned at haruka, who wish me all the luck i will need.

I stand up slowly and fix my hair and uniform real quick. as i walk towards him, i feel so nervous that the courage i have just a second ago was disappearing bit by bit as i take each step closer to him. When i was near him i was about to say something when a girl block my way. Her cheecks are red and she is holding a pink envelope.

she bow at him as she extend her hands, giving her love letter to him. "Will you please be my valentine, Shuichi?" everyone looked at her and so did kurama who smiled at her. "Erisa, thank you but i have to take care of my mother this weekends." erisa looks like she was about to cry but said "Can you accept my letter instead?" kurama took it and said thanks. being a gentleman as always.

The blood in my face was drained. what if he reject me as well? is what he said is true or is he just making an excuse coz he didn't want to go out with erisa. i gulp as he look at me and smiled.
"Oh hey there (your/name). can i help you with something?" kurama asked. "u-um.. s-shuichi... um.. Haruka and i are wondering if you wanna eat lunch with us?" i smiled nervously.

"Sure, lets go" he said and walked with me out to the door, haruka is following us. i glanced at her and saw that she is confused. i give her a look that says just-go-with-it.

at the cafeteria:

We are all eating silently. I can't open a topic coz other girls keep coming to our table and giving love letters to him or trying to ask him out. I sigh deeply as i watch the girl walk away.

"What's wrong? (your/name)" kurama asked looking concern. "um what?" i asked dumb. "you haven't touch your food much" he said as he look down to my plate. "Oh! um. i just lost my appetite" haruka is looking at me, giving me a look Ask-him-out-already but i slightly shakes my head. she rolled her eyes and smiled devilish at me.

"Oh no, i gotta talk to Mr. zhu. I'll go now. Hey shuichi, take care of (your/name) alright?" she winks at me and i tried my best not to stab her with the fork. kurama chuckles that instantly took my irritation away.

"Genkai said you will resume your healing training next week when she gets back." kurama said when we were left alone.

"Ah. thats great i can't wait" i said excited. "um kurama?" i looked up to his bright green eyes and he stared into my eyes as well. "yes, (your/name)?" i took a deep breath "Can you--- Help me with our homework?" i sigh deeply.

"You want me to tutor you?" he chuckles and i just nodded. "well you did sleep during the class. sure then but lets do it on friday? im busy tonight and tomorrow" he smiled so charming that i cant help but to smile as well.

"Thanks a lot kurama! but can i ask, why are you busy?" i feel a bit embarrassed that he caught me sleeping but happy that i will be alone with him friday night. "Hiei and i will help yusuke and kuwabara for their valentines surprise...." he looks at me like he wanted to say more or i was just imagining stuff because he look away.

after lunch they went back to class.

"pssst (your/name) how did it go?" haruka murmured to me as we pretend to listen to our teacher. "Well i thought i can but i cant. what if he rejects me?" i told her sadly. "You will never know if you wont try" says haruka. i bite my lips. "oh alright. i'll try tomorrow and i'll even bake some cookies for him" we grinned at each other. "great idea."

at home:

I made sure that i have finish all my chores and homework except for the one kurama will help me with. i stayed up late just to finish the heart shaped cookies i baked and thank god its not burnt like the first batch i've did earlier and then i went to bed excited while trying to gather all my courage again.