Red Skies and Ruins

"That could mean only one thing, (Y/N)...that Satan wants to get to Rin, and the way he wants to do that, I suppose, is use you as a vessel for such actions..."

My jaw dropped in shock. I told Rin about my dream and he marched right back to Yukio (waking him up in the process) and that was his verdict.

"The asshole! What the fuck?! Why would he use her!" Rin shouted. If he wasn't annoyed earlier, he certainly was now.

"I've never known Satan to be a fair person, Rin...I don't know what we can do."

"Bullshit, Yukio! There must be something we can do!"

I watched them argue back and forth for a couple of minutes not really knowing what to do. I was a vessel? That made sense, from what the spirit was saying, I was essentially a 'key' for Satan to get to Rin. So what did he want to do to me? Possess me and make me hurt Rin? Or hold me hostage? Or even take me to Gehenna...? Surely not.

"Rin, stop shouting at me! I don't know what to do, we'll go to Mephisto as soon as possible. Now shut up, you're frightening (Y/N)."

He stopped and looked over at me, cowering on top of his bed. I really was frightened. Not really of Rin but more so what was going to happen.

"Come on, let's go (Y/N). I'll sort this, I promise."

I looked into his eyes and at that moment, I knew he was telling the truth. I would be safe whenever I was with him.

[At Mephisto's]

"I see..." Mephisto mused after we told him the events. "It seems as though Father wants you for something, Rin. I don't know what though. There isn't much we can do except keep by (Y/N) at all times. Don't let anything happen to her, ok?"

"I could have figured that out myself, clown. And don't call him father." Rin said, walking away with my hand in his.

We spent the rest of that day in Rin's dorm, Yukio was out on a mission and we just sat there, catching up on some work.

"Rin?" I said, pretty sure that was the only thing I had said since the nightmare.

"Huh? What is it?" He replied, half asleep from trying to complete his maths homework but suddenly alert at my voice.

"I-I was just wondering, what should I do? Like, should I still go to cram school? Am I a danger to everyone?" I thought out loud.

In my head, if satan wanted to possess me, it surely could only be to hurt others around me. I certainly didn't want that. I felt guilty, so so guilty about keeping Rin close by. I'm sure that's exactly what he would have wanted.

"(Y/N), I'll tell you this once and only once. That bastard has ruined my life since the day I was born. He's ruined all of our friends' lives at one point. I will not let him taint you with his darkness. I'm always going to be here to protect you, and if it's really me he wants, then he's being a coward. He's resorting to extreme measures to provoke a reaction or contact from me. You're much stronger than all of this. I love you," he said, pulling me in for a hug.

I couldn't help but let a few tears spill at his works. "T-Thank you, Rin. I love you too," I smiled, content with the fact that I had the best boyfriend ever. "So does this mean we can walk to the supermarket and get some snacks and have a movie night?" I asked with a toothy grin.

"I would literally rather do nothing else than that right now," he laughed, throwing a jacket on and holding onto my hand, leading the way.

It was a cold and crisp night. Nothing too uncomfortable, but there was quite a bit of condensation coming from Rin and I's breaths. We picked up some snacks to indulge in and now we were just enjoying the walk. I didn't feel apprehensive or on edge, because I knew Rin would help no matter what.

But I should have been more careful.

"Hold up, just gotta tie my lace," Rin said, bending down and putting the shopping bag down in the process. I just giggled at his carelessness, but was cut short when a hand made its way, slapping against my laughing mouth.

Screaming was useless, because by the time I had, I was surrounded by a blood red sky and ruins.

[A/N: heyyyyy it's been a while. My emotions have been up and down for the past few months, limiting my writing. Stopped it there bc it doesn't feel right to continue writing what I'm gonna write in this chapter. Sorry it's short lads, I tried. But I love ya all and ya'll are fantastic!!!!]