Chapter 19~ A Rose, a Doctor, a Melody

Skippity-Skip...

~~~~

Rose's pov:

I returned to the car, very frustrated and a bit creeped out. I tried to find out something about the Doctor and Melody, and contacted this guy, Clive. Freak.

Somehow he didn't know who Melody was. I opened the door of the passenger seat and collapsed down really frustrated, Mickey behind the wheel.

I sighed exasperated «All right, he's a nutter. Off his head. Complete online conspiracy freak. You win! What are we going to do tonight? I fancy a pizza.»

«Pizza! P-p-p-pizza!» Micky grinned, but I didn't bother of his weird attitude. He was weird. Instead I put on the seatbelt.

«Or Chinese?» I asked.

«Pizza!» Mickey said and started driving.

30 minutes later we sat in the restaurant. It wasn't really full but, somehow, the noise was awful. Mickey had a weird, almost maniac, grin on his face. It was creepy but I didn't really care as my head was filled with other stuff.

I sighed, deciding to move my train of thoughts on another road, which wasn't 'The Doctor and Melody'. «Do you think I should try the hospital?» I asked Mickey «Suki said they had jobs going in the canteen. Is that it then, dishing out chips. I could do A Levels. I don't know. It's all Jimmy Stone's fault. I only left school because of him. Look where he ended up. What do you think?»

«So, where did you meet this Doctor?» he suddenly asked. I glared at him.

«I'm sorry, wasn't I talking about me for a second?» I said. I know it sounded really selfish but am I not allowed to talk about myself sometimes too?

«Because I reckon it started back at the shop, am I right? Was he something to do with that?» Mickey asked.

«No.» I lied.

«Come on.» he insisted.

«Sort of.»

«What was he doing there?» Mickey asked now slightly creeping me out. There was something wrong with him.

«I'm not going on about it, Mickey. Really, I'm not, because, I know it sounds daft, but I don't think it's safe. I think they're dangerous.» I replied.

«But you can trust me, sweetheart. Babe, -something beeped- sugar, babe, sugar. You can tell me anything. Tell me about the Doctor and what he's planning, and I can help you, Rose. Because that's all I really want to do, sweetheart, babe, babe, sugar, sweetheart.»

«What are you doing that for?» I asked, frowning.

«Your champagne.» the voice of a British girl said, while someone else by her side held out a bottle for Mickey.

«We didn't order any champagne. Where's the Doctor?» Mickey demand.

«Madam, your champagne.» a mans northern voice said this time.

«It's not ours. Mickey, what is it? What's wrong?» I asked, concerned.

«I need to find out how much you know, so where is he?» Mickey demand.

«Doesn't anybody want this champagne?» the girl asked, almost exasperated.

«Look, we didn't order it.» Mickey looked up and his eyes widened. I followed his gaze only to see Melody and the Doctor standing there with a bottle of champagne. Mickey grinned maniacally. «Ah. Gotcha.» Micky said.

The Doctor started shaking the bottle of champagne vigorously. «Don't mind us. We're just toasting the happy couple.»

«On the house!» Melody exclaimed throwing a hand in the air, just as The Doctor released the cage around the cork. It flew into Mickey's forehead. I gasped, my hands flying to my mouth as I watched his forehead contacting. After a few moments, he spat it out. I stared at him in shock while Melody grimaced.