Chapter 20~ The End of The World

Lizzie's pov:

«Right then, ladies, you tell me. Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?» the Doctor, being lit in green light from the time rotor asked us. I was walked and stood next to Rose, the console in front of us.

I raised my hands in surrounding when he glanced at me. «I'm letting Rose Tyler here, decide.» I said so the Doctor moved his gaze on Rose.

«Forwards.» she challenged.

«How far?» the Doctor asked.

«One hundred years.» Rose replied, picking up a random number. The Doctor pulled a lever and turned a knob, the engines lurch then top after a few seconds and «There you go. Step outside those doors, it's the twenty second century.» he said grinning.

She scoffed in disbelief «You're kidding.»

«That's a bit boring, though, is it Doctor? Shall we go further?» I asked the Doctor, grinning.

He shrugged grinning «Fine by me.» he replied. And again, rolled the white knob, pushed and pulled a sticky thing and pushed a button.

«Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the new Roman Empire.» he told us.

«You think you're so impressive.» Rose said, teasingly. I chuckled.

«I am so impressive.» the Doctor protested.

«You wish.» Rose said.

«Just leave it Rose. He needs to have some illusions in life.» I told her, much to irritate him.

«Right then, young lady, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go.» he reversed up the engine, pumped a lever furiously «Hold on!» He shouted.

The TARDIS shook then, with a pinging noise, it stopped.

«Where are we?» Rose asked glancing first at me then at the Doctor, smiling excitedly. The both of us gestured towards the door.

«What's out there?» she asked. And again the both of us gestured the door. She ran outside. I looked up at the Doctor.

I held my hand out for him. «Shall we?» I asked with a smile.

He smiled back, then took my hand. I grinned like a child and the both of us followed Rose outside.

As we exited, we found ourselves in some kind of a wooden room. The Doctor left my hand and, sonicing a mechanism, opened the shutter of an enormous window. Meanwhile I walked down the stairs to reach Rose who was standing in front of it. Looking out at the planet under name Earth.
The Doctor soon reached us standing next to me.

«Think of it Rose, we spend all our time thinking about dying, like we're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids... But we never take time to imagine the impossible... that maybe we survive.» I said, looking at my home planet, and knowing that now, just a few minutes later, I'll watch it burn.

«This is the year five point five slash apple slash twenty six. Five billion years in your future, and this is the day. -the Doctor looked at his watch- Hold on.»
The sun suddenly flared and turned red.

«This is the day the Sun expands.» he concluded.

I looked at Rose and smiled softly. «Welcome to the end of the world, Rose Tyler.»

~~~~

«Shuttles five and six now docking. Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion. Earth Death is scheduled for fifteen thirty nine. Followed by drinks in the Manchester Suite.» we heard a computer saying while the three of us walked down a corridor.