Rogue

"I'm sorry!" I brushed the hair from my eyes as I stood up, looking down at the stranger I had literally just run into.

"(y/n)?" He asked, and looked up at me.

Lyos?

"Lyos? Is that you?" My childhood friend stared up at me. I had met him as a child while he was training with that dragon, and we had been close friends until he killed his dragon. That day he had brushed me off, ignored me like I was an annoying rodent.

"Y-You're part of the Sabertooth guild, aren't you?" I asked him.

"I am. You are part of the Fairy Tail guild, correct?" I nodded. I extended my hand to help him up, and the moment I touched his skin, memories came flooding back.

~~~Flashback~~~

"Lyos? " I asked. "Are you there?" My small body was shivering. It was freezing outside, but I still wanted to see my friend.

"Yes, I am here." He responded, stepping into the light. For some odd reason, he didn't look the same. His eyes were clouded and dark circles rimmed his eyes. His hair was messier than usual and he looked ready to kill.

"What's wrong?" I mewed unhappily.

"Get out of my sight." Was the last thing I heard from his lips before he vanished, and though I called out for many moons, I never saw him again.

Until now.

~~~End of flashback~~~

"How could you leave me?!" Was the first thing I said. "After all these years?" I stared at him.

"You left me in the cold, with nothing but cruel words. You changed my entire life, and then you shoved me away because you made a awful choice. You killed the dragon that considered you family, and you became cold. How could you, Lyos?" He said nothing after my little explosion.

Finally, he spoke. "Everyone calls me Rogue now." He almost whispered.

"I don't give a damn about what they call you. I wanted to stay with you, and you left me. Do you have nothing to say to me?" My voice wavered, and I felt tears prick my gaze. "I looked for you." I whispered after.

He looked down at me. His gaze softened, and he threw his arms around my body. My stomach filled with butterflies. No, screw butterflies, I felt an entie zoo.

"I'm sorry." Those two words brought more hope to me than I'd ever felt in my entire life.