Prologue

***
Love. There is no exact definition. Love is always different for the next person. Love is always thought to be warm, unconditional, happy and for some people the ultimate goal. No one could ever explain the feeling of love, nor could they tell me how to love, but I would never leave without advice about the topic.

I remember years ago someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love. I was also told to be mindful when it comes to matters of the heart, especially when it comes to commitment. In fact I remember being warned not to play games when it came to love. After all someone would always lose. And there was no true winner.

I should have listened, I should have stopped but I enjoyed the thrill, I enjoyed the adrenaline that would rush through me, the fun in getting caught. This was a game to me, to win was to not get caught. It was fun but most importantly it was addictive. This love game was my drug and I was addicticted, and like all addictive drugs it caused me my happiness and it harmed both me and my loved ones. And like all games it had to end and we had to declare the winner, but in this case it was hard to decipher the winner when everyone had lost in some way.

Tears blinded my vision as I watched the guy I had been in love with for years tear up. I watched as my friends and family look at me in disapproval. The drunk best man swayed from left to right unaware of the implications his confession had caused.

"Baby I'm so sorry..." I managed to utter, as the man I was supposed to marry today walked out of the beautifully decorated church. I was disgraced. I couldn't believe that my intricate plans were falling apart before my eyes. I know they say that all things that happen in the dark come to my light, but I had never seen anything so literal, literally everything came to light.

Tremaine got up and walked up to me. He shook his head at me.The look on his face said it all, he was disgusted, appalled but most importantly disappointed.

"Serayah I thought you had changed. I thought these dumb games had ended. When will you stop being so fucking selfish? When will you grow up? Never in my twenty four years have I seen a grown man cry."

My heart sank as Trey's words sank in. When will the lies stop...I sat by the alter crying, contemplating on the years of lies I had created. I was a hot mess. My makeup was smudged, my wedding dress was crumpled and my life was in shambles. I will never live this one down. I can't live this one down. I watched as the people who wanted to see me fail smirk, they had won. Janet sat there with her crutches smirking at the chaotic scene. I didn't blame her. She had finally been granted her wish. Rima shook her head in disgust and Amelle looked at me blankly, I knew she was itching to say "I told you so.". This whole ordeal was unbearable.

Trey kissed his teeth when I started bawling, he put his arms around me in comfort.

"Serayah, I don't know why you're crying, you've made your bed so lay in it." He said. The truth was too much to handle. After everything, he was still here by my side living in the mess I had made and hitting me with the truth. I had to fix this. "You're a big woman you know. When are you going to stop playing games? You're a big 24."

I continued to cry. You know when you just can't handle the truth so you just cry? That's exactly how I was feeling. They say revenge is best served cold but no one told me how unsatisfying it would be. My wedding day and I was crying like a newborn baby. Karma is really a bitch out of all days why my wedding day. In the words of DJ Khaled I had really played myself.

People were gradually leaving the church as it was evident no one was getting married today. The priest who was officiating the wedding scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. To be honest I didn't blame him, even my own mother couldn't look at me, she was disgusted. I watched as the bridal party and the grooms men threw me judgemental looks as if they didn't all play a part in this. We were all being shady and that's exactly how all the lines became blurred. But let me rewind back to were it all began seven years ago.
***
Sorry it's short but it just a quick intro. The story starts when Serayah is seventeen and you will see it unfold in the upcoming chapters ♥