Luke Brooks

WARNING: this contains nsfw content

You were lying on the couch under a blanket while a random movie was playing on television. It was late afternoon, and you had just woken up from a nap, so the world was still in a sleepy haze. You almost didn't register your boyfriend, Luke, sitting down next to your feet and pulling them into his lap. "Hey babe." He said softly, and you nudged his tummy with your foot in response.

"What's up?" You murmured, rolling over onto your back so that you could look up at him.

"Do you wanna go on a date with me?" He asked, playing with your toes.

You laughed softly. "I'm already your girlfriend, Luke. You don't have to ask me to go on a date with you."

"I know," He chuckled. "But I meant like, do you want to go on one right now?"

"Now?"

"Yeah. You should go get ready. Think nice-casual." He said with a pat to your ankle, and then he was walking off, leaving you with a dumb smile on your face. You loved when he was spontaneous, and it wasn't unusual for him to surprise you with something like that.

Still smiling to yourself, you swung your legs off of the couch and got up, heading to your room to get ready.

-

You settled on a striped crop top with a pastel-colored maxi skirt, and pulled your hair up into a bun, trying to make it not obvious that you didn't have time to shower before Luke was practically dragging you out the door.

In the car, Luke was being super secretive, not telling you where you were going, but it soon became obvious when the ocean came into view. The beach was one of his favorite places to take you, and you knew that well, but that didn't mean that you were any less excited.

He parked in front of a small restaurant that was right on the beach. It was a small, local place, and was tucked away, so the beach next to it was rarely busy. You climbed out of the car and into the heavy evening air, Luke locking the car and quickly coming around to hold your hand. You smiled, bumping your hip into his, and he did it back.

You ate dinner while making comfortable conversation, laughs and smiles exchanged across the table. When the bill came, he waved off your attempt to pay. "It's my treat." He told you, and you let him.

After the meal, you set out on the beach. You were holding your skirt off to one side so that it fell above your ankles, and held your sandals off of a finger on the same hand. Your other hand was held tightly in Luke's as you walked along the edge of the water. With every wave that crashed against the shore, an inch of water raced across the sand underneath your feet and over your toes.

"So, Luke." You began, and Luke gave your hand a squeeze to acknowledge you. "What was all this?"

His face fell. "You don't like it?"

"I love it!" You assured him. "But it feels so out of the blue! Where did this all come from?"

He sighed. "There have been comments on my pictures of you and on our videos about how I treat you, Y/N."

"How is that bad?" You asked, stopping. He stopped too.

"Because they say that I treat you like garbage." He said quietly.

You dropped your shoes and skirt in favor of cupping Luke's cheek, as he wouldn't look you in the eye. "You don't treat me like garbage, Luke." You cooed, running your thumb over his skin. "It doesn't matter what they think, okay? It doesn't matter. Because they don't get to see the real you." His eyes flicked up to meet yours. "They don't get to go on these fantastic dates with you, or watch movies with you, or see you treat me like I'm the luckiest girl on earth."