Beau Brooks

(Your POV)

As I walked out of the double doors to school I let the summer breeze hit my face. The maths classroom is so hot, it’s the middle of the spring but the teacher insists on having the heaters on, why? I step over to one side, letting other students pass by whilst I unzip my bag and get my water bottle out. I quickly get it out and zip my bag back up. As I step out of the shade I immediately feel the heat. I put the bottle to my lips and gulp down the cool water. I breathe in the fresh air, enjoying it, at least it’s not stuffy classroom air. As I approach the school gates I skim my head around, not being able to see my parents car. They always pick me up from school, always. I live half an hour away from school. I pull my phone out, getting ready to call my parents when I hear an engine start to pull up beside me. I snap my head up and recognise the car as Beaus’. I speed walk over to the side of the car and tap the window, when he sees me he smiles and rolls the window down. “are you just going to stand there or are you actually going to get into the car?” He chuckles and I open up the door and get into the car. Shoving my school bag at my feet. “Good day?” He asks me whilst pulling away from school; I watch the school building get smaller as we drive further away. “Yeah, it was okay, y’know how school is.” I sigh, thinking of the extra math homework I got. “Beau you did well in math, right?” I ask him as he pulls to a stop at a red light. He turns his head to me, smiling ever so slightly, “I did yeah, why?”

“I’ve got a ton of extra stuff to do, would you mind helping me, maybe?” I felt kind of bad ruining his night with him helping me with math but.. “Of course I will, what’ve you got to do?” He asks, pulling away quickly as the green light shows, sending me back into the seat. “Algebra.” I twist my face at the thought of sitting and working through the never-ending sheet of algebra questions. “I can make an exception.” He grins at me, grabbing my hand. “You’re the only person who I’ll do math for.” He squeezes my hand whilst running his thumb over my knuckles, turning his head sharply towards me and flashing me a smile.