Chapter 4

"Problem?" he casually asks. My jaw is practically brushing the floor.

"Oh, not at all," Amy's voice is dripping with sarcasm, "this is just THE GIRLS BATHROOM YOU GIRLFRIEND STEALING JERK!" She launches to her feet and tries to claw his face, tears still streaming down her face. I encircle my arms around her waist and pulled her to the ground. She directs her attention to me, attempting to twist free from my grasp. Zack wraps his hands around one of Amy's high top converse and try's to pull her away.

"What in heavens name is going on here?!" We all freeze in place, if it wasn't the most inappropriate time to do so, I would have laughed. I guess my mouth thought it was the most appropriate time in the world to laugh.  Mrs. Marks sees me doubled over with laughter and begins to giggle girlishy as well. In a matter of a few seconds we are all laughing.

" So, you do know that you have to get in some kind of trouble, correct?" We've only just concluded laughing and we are all in the hallway. 

" Yes, ma'am. I would expect nothing less." I declare with a straight face.

"But," Mrs. Marks continues with a small smile teasing at the corners of her mouth, "I think I'll just have you guys stay after school tomorrow and help me clean. How's that sound?" We all start vigorously nodding our heads and smiling uncontrollably. 

We're halfway out of to our next class when I realize that I'm going to spend two hours with Zack...... and Amy, but mostly Zack. I'm not sure how I really feel about Amy, I never really got to know her because she was with Maybelle; that's all the proof I need to know that she is a terrible person. I just hope that she doesn't pull anything tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a completely stressing Chemistry class - I may or may not have almost spilled sulfuric acid on Zack - needless to say, we both had to go through the rest of the day soaking wet from a chemical shower. So much for making a good impression, but he was laughing afterwards and he is a really good friend. His laugh is contagious and his eyes crinkle around the edges when he smiles.  

After the final bell rang Zack and I walked side by side to the Home Ec room. Our hands kept bumping and I couldn't tell if he was doing on purpose or if I was just crazy.

I open the door to hear a familiar obnoxious braying laugh.