1. New Student

!!! Please note that this story is quite old, and therefore the grammar (which I am checking over) and the plot is flawed. A lot of things in this story is stupid and makes no sense, so please keep that in mind when you come across scenes that match this description. Also, cringe ;-; !!!

Your heart was encased in ice; you trusted only yourself, and the ice stopped yourself from getting hurt. That was, being hurt emotionally, but you were always being hurt physically. Your parents didn't love you, your mother would constantly remind you of the fact that she never wanted you, and your birth was all one big accident. They would stumble home, drunk, and instead of passing out on the couch, they'd clamber up to your room, and beat you. Your body had many scars, big and small, and despite all of the pain you went through, there was only one release.

You once joined a group chat on a whim, as making friends was a skill you lacked. You created a random username, mostly based on your aloof and antisocial personality. Your chosen username was LoneWolfGirl15. You started chatting with another boy on the group chat, and his username was Iceland_Puffin. You chatted about each other's hobbies and a few other things, but no matter the subject, it was always enjoyable. He was from Iceland, plainly obvious by his name, he had a pet puffin and was fond of liquorice. You had also told him a small bit about yourself, of course, you couldn't go into much detail.

Tonight was another school night, your parents were at the bar, and so you were home alone. You turned on your phone, the small screen giving the tiniest bit of light in your dark room. You went onto to the messenger and clicked on Iceland_Puffin's contact.

10:34 PM

LoneWolfGirl15: Hey Puffin ^_^

...

Iceland_Puffin: Hey, can't get to sleep?

LoneWolfGirl15: Nah, what about you? What are you doing?

Iceland_Puffin: I'm packing suitcases.

LoneWolfGirl15: Hm? What for? Are you going on holiday?

Iceland_Puffin: You could say that. I'm moving to (Town) tomorrow, so I have to pack my bags.

LoneWolfGirl15: Wow, really? That's cool. Why are you moving? Family troubles or something?

Iceland_Puffin: Something like that. What are you doing?

LoneWolfGirl15: Oh, nothing.

Iceland_Puffin: You always say that T_T

You giggled slightly at his comment, but it was cut short as you heard the sound of tyres rolling along the gravel driveway outside—your parents were home. Your heart skipped a beat, and you had to say goodbye to Iceland_Puffin.

LoneWolfGirl15: Anyway, g2g, I'm gonna go to bed.

Iceland_Puffin: Have a nice sleep.

LoneWolfGirl15: Talk to you tomorrow!

Your smile faded as you heard a door slam from downstairs. Footsteps made their way up the stairs, and to outside your bedroom door. You placed your phone under your pillow and pulled the covers over your head. The door creaked open.

Yet another night of beatings.

~~~

You woke up, your body still sore from last night. Your parents were most likely draped over the couch, passed out. You grabbed your phone from under your pillow, crept into the bathroom, and took a quick shower. You dried and brushed your hair, then you put on your every day (F/C) shirt and a pair of black jeans, and a jacket. After preparing your school bag, you left the house and started to walk to school.

When you arrived at school, you walked down to your class and sat in your designated seat. No one bothered you, which pleased you greatly. You had your own little corner of the classroom. You placed your books at the corner of the table, and the school bell sounded on cue. The teacher walked in, and everyone scattered back into their seats. There was a boy following behind the teacher, and he stood at the front of the class while the teacher hushed everyone. He had whitish-blonde hair and piercing purple eyes. You could get lost in them; they were like a deep ocean. His eyes met with yours for a brief second, before looking away. The teacher cleared her throat.

"Alright everybody, quiet down! Today we have a new transfer student. His name is Emil Steilsson." You were about as disinterested as the rest of the class, after all, he was just another addition to the class, nothing special. Or so you thought; the next set of words that came out the teacher's mouth caught you off guard. "I think you'll all be interested to hear that he's from Reykjavik!" She beamed. You head perked up; that was in Iceland, where Iceland_Puffin lived, wasn't it? You looked at Emil, and he didn't look so happy to have all that attention but on him.

It wasn't every day a new transfer student arrived, and it just so happened to be after Iceland_Puffin mentioned he was moving to your city, so it couldn't have been a coincidence, could it? You'd never seen a picture of him, but the way he'd described himself matched what Emil looked like to a point. He was cute, you had to admit, but pushing that thought out of your mind, you tried to think of the possibility that it wasn't him. Nothing could really convince you so, but you decided to observe him more before making any further judgements.
---