End

You were in your room, at your desk doing homework, as now you were better, you'd gone back to school. Now that you weren't going through abuse every night, you could concentrate on your grades. There was a loud noise from Emil's room. You got up from your chair and opened your door out to the hallway. Emil's door was already open, and there were boxes on his bed, all labelled in Icelandic. Some books lay scattered on the floor; the cause of the noise.

"Hey Emil, what are you doing?" You asked, gaining his attention, and making him turn around. "Are you... Packing?" He turned around after picking the books up and placed them neatly in the box.

"Yeah," he answered plainly, going back to his packing.

"What for?" He hadn't mentioned about any plans to move or go on holiday.

"Didn't Lukas tell you, we're moving back to our old home." Your eyes widened at his comment. He took notice, and expression turned into a slightly concerned one. "You're coming with us, right? Sorry for not saying anything."

"Y-Yeah, wherever you're going, I'm going," you said smiling, making him blush.

"You don't mind going do you?" He asked, still a bit uneasy, but you shook your head.

"Sure, I'll go, but I have to ask, why are we going?" You asked; you'd never been to where he lived, and it'd be fun living there.

"Well, we were originally meant to be here for less time, but then we met you, so we had to delay the trip back home," he explained. "It's not just me and Lukas at the main house, there are 3 other people we live with. It's a big house so, there's a room for you too." It was certainly a lot to take in. You're moving into a new house, with new people, and a new school.

"When are we leaving?"

"Sorry it's such short notice, we leave next week," he answered, closing, and sealing the cardboard boxes. "You'd best also start packing. Lukas is probably doing the same now too."

The week passed quickly, and your bags were packed, so you, Emil and Lukas now waited at the airport. You were still curious about who Emil and Lukas's friends were, and what they were like. They knew you were coming to live with them, and Lukas had spoken over the phone to them.

"So what are your friends like?" You asked as you sat down on the plane seat. Emil sat next to you.

"Well, first I guess there's Tino. He's from Finland. He's friendly and relatively easy to get along with. Next, there's Berwald, from Sweden. He and Tino are pretty good friends. He's quiet and doesn't really talk much, but he's not a bad person. Then finally there's Mathias, from Denmark." Emil seemed to slightly sigh at the mention of his name. "He's the one you have to watch out for. He always gets drunk and is just plain annoying. He's stubborn, and doesn't listen to any of us." The list of complaints just kept growing. And by the look on Lukas's face, he agreed. You were slightly scared at the remark 'he's always drunk', as it reminded you of your dad, and although Emil had a lot of complaints about Mathias, he assured you he wasn't anything like that. You conversed all the way to the lively sounding home.

Once you'd got off the plane, the cool air instantly made itself noticeable since it was winter. Emil wrapped his scarf around you for warmth. You snuggled into the warm fabric on the drive there, and soon you arrived.

The house was relatively big, but to fit six people in it, it would have to be. You climbed out of the car and wrapped Emil's scarf a little tighter around your neck. Emil took your hand and led you to the house. As soon as you got to the doors, they burst open, revealing a man with spiky blonde hair. He'd certainly made quite the entrance. He greeted his 'best friend Nor' and then turned his attention to you and Emil.

"Hey, Ice! This your girlfriend?" He said,  patting Emil roughly on the back. Ice? You just assumed it was just a nickname. "Hey! Are you (F/N), right? I'm Den-" He was interrupted by Lukas, and he grabbed his tie, choking him, and dragging him back to the house. It was quite the display.

"Ignore him."

You were welcomed by the other two, who were stood waiting in the hallway. Tino giving you a friendly welcome, while Berwald just gave you a nod. Soon enough you got used to the rowdiness of the house.

After two and a half years of living with, and dating Emil, he finally proposed. Of course, you said yes. Your wedding was held, you couldn't have been happier. Mathias, of course, being Mathias, wound up drunk at the after party. It was fun nonetheless. It wasn't until much later you found out the truth about Emil. He was indeed the personification of Iceland. This, of course, shocked you, but it didn't change the fact you love him, and always would. He and his friends were the Nordic 5. It wasn't just them: there were loads of other personifications for every country, and there was even one for your own. You and Emil settled down, now truly happy.

Thanks to Lukas, and some of his friends, you really were able to stay with the whole family forever. You weren't a country, but you could live just as long as one. You guessed they wouldn't want to suffer losing someone who'd become part of their family, and you certainly didn't want to lose them.

Even after all the tears, drama, and pain, it took to get to the point you were now, you'd go through it all again if it meant staying with Emil for good because you knew you belonged by his side.

FIN

---

Thank you for reading through this entire fanfic! ^^ I know there are silly parts to it, but while I'm not going to correct them, I have corrected all (or most) of the grammar errors. Please tell me if you enjoyed this book, as old as it is oh boy. Thank you very much for all the views and lovely comments, I appreciate it all so much!