Ch.2: Thoughts

Right when Kayla woke up she grabbed the second book and began to read.
'Ah yes, Boromir is dying.' She thought. 'Oh no! Pippin and Merry are being taken away! Someone do something!' Thoughts washed through her mind as she read the words.

'Rohirrium riders, Gollum, Gandalf! Theoden, Grima Wormtongue. Ooh, I think Eowyn likes Aragorn.... Cool, talking trees... Ew, wargs are creepy... NOO!! SOMEONE SAVE ARAGORN! HE'S FALLING! NOO!! Dammit...... Oh hey he's back!'

Kayla zipped over each page coming to the beginning of a battle. Helm's Deep.
She quickly looked at the clock and did a double take. It was 12:00 am.

"I need some rest!" She put the book on her bedside table, turned off the lights and went to bed.

--------

In the morning(it was Saturday), Kayla grabbed the book off her bedside table and began reading again.
'Oh, I would love to live in Middle Earth.' She thought as she closed the book, eyeing the last one.

"Eat breakfast, then comeback." She decided.
Kayla put on her robe, walked downstairs to the kitchen and began to make Oatmeal.
'It would be cool to live in Middle Earth. Well, maybe not in Mordor. That'd be unfortunate. Neither Isengard.' Kayla poured milk over her oatmeal-
'maybe The Shire. Rohan. Lothlorien.. Bree.." -and sprinkled brown sugar on top. 'Rivendell is nice..'

"Wipe that stupid smile off your face, you look like you're high." Her mom walked into the kitchen. Kayla jolted up.

"Good morning, mom." She said.

"Yeah, yeah."

'It'd be nice to get away from here. I could start my own medicine shop. Sell herbs and heal people. I'm pretty advanced in the practice.'

"Kayla- Are you even listening to me?" Her mom waved her hand in front of Kayla's face.

"Hm?" Kayla looked at her.

"Your father and I are going to town for the day." Her mom continued.

"That's nice." Kayla continued eating her oatmeal.

'But how would I get the-' Kayla stopped in mid-thought.

"THAT'S IT!" She slammed her hand down on the table.

"Jesus Christ, Kayla Riana! What are you on?!" Kayla's mom jumped up.

"Nothing mom. Just got excited." Kayla got up and cleaned up her breakfast.

"Are some of those medicine herbs getting to you?" Her mother looked at her.
"No, mom. They're completely unharmful." Kayla said before going upstairs.

It was fast, but she finished, and cried. She understood everything about Middle Earth and its habitats and dwellers. Now to just make a plan of her future. 'If Meggie could read herself in, I can.'

Kayla got out a piece of paper and started to make her plans.

"I will be a medicine maker in Bree. I think I will keep my name.. It's Middle Earth-ish... Hm.. I think I should change. Okay.. If I were in Middle Earth what would I name my little girl? Ah! Rosa! That's a pretty name." Kayla spoke to herself quietly. "Maybe I should make an outfit.. I can't go to Middle Earth in modern day clothes. I don't want to bring too much attention to myself, the folk would think I was bringing dark magic with me."

Kayla got up and walked over to her closet and got out her sewing kit and sewing machine. 'So what's something that has a middle earth style to it?' She thought. 'A dress definitely. Maybe brown, green, with a cloak. The shoes? Flats? Boots? Flats.'

After a couple a mistakes and redoing, Kayla finished the dress. The skirt was dark green and reached her ankles, and the top was white. A orange sash was pinned to the side and a brown corset from leather was placed over the top. Seemed more Rohirric looking than Bree, but it would do.

Now, she had to find a way to get into the story. Write herself in. Kayla walked over to her desk and placed a sheet of paper into the typewriter(not everyone had a computer in the small town), and began to write.

When she was done, she folded the paper and set it on her bedside table. Tomorrow she would do it. Tomorrow she would be in Middle Earth.

A/N: Thank you for reading! Apologies for the short chapters, but please vote if you liked it, and leave a comment, I love reading them!