Swords and Confusion.

Aragorn led us onto the shore and we pulled up the boats. Legolas was the first to step out of the boat and he turned with his hand held out to me. I knew I wouldn't need help but it'd be rude to refuse his help, so I took his hand and allowed him to help me step onto the shore. 

"Come, let's rest here." Said Aragorn. I set down my things and looked around. Bad things were going to happen soon.

"Rosa, I have a question." Pippin tugged on my cloak. "Well, we all do." He gestured towards the hobbits.

"What's your question?" I turned to them.

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" Pippin asked. "The Mad Hatter kept saying that and we never got an answer."

I sat for a moment thinking. "You know, I have no clue. The Mad Hatter thinks up of crazy things and questions." The hobbits nodded.

Later in the day while we were eating, Aragorn spoke up. "The day has come, at last, the day of choice which we have long delayed. What shall now become of our Company that has traveled so far in the fellowship? Shall we turn west with Boromir and go to the wars of Gondor; or turn east to the Fear and Shadow; or shall we break our fellowship and go this way and that as each may choose? Whatever we must do must be done soon. We cannot long halt here. The enemy is on the eastern shore, but I fear that the Orcs may have already been on this side of the water." When Aragorn said that, Legolas looked at me. I subtly shook my head and he looked away. 

No one had said anything when Frodo got up and wandered off. Only Boromir's eyes lingered after him. He got up and went after him. I got up as well and went to the water's edge. All I could hear was the voices of the others and the rushing of water. It felt as though someone had grabbed giant sandbags and placed them on my shoulders. Would I be able to fight with the others? Would I be able to watch Boromir fall and say nothing of it? The company's chatter was quiet but soon got louder, I turned and saw that Boromir was back.

"Where's Frodo?" Aragorn asked.

"He ran off, with the ring on," Boromir replied. I ran up to join them.

"We must look for him then!" Sam shouted.

"Right!" Aragorn nodded. "Rosa, Merry, Pippin, and Boromir, you four stick together and find Frodo. Legolas and Gimli, you together, Sam come with me."

We all split up and ran out to the woods to find Frodo. Merry and Pippin shouted his name, I didn't bother, knowing that he wouldn't show. I just made it look like I was searching hard and checking behind every tree and rock. It had only been about five minutes before the shouts and cries of Orcs sounded.

"Orcs!" I shouted, loading my bow. Pippin and Merry drew out their swords, along with Boromir. In a matter of seconds, the deceitful beasts appeared.

"Get behind me and Boromir!" I told the halflings.

"Take the halflings! Kill the humans!" An Orc commanded. 

The ground shook as the beasts ran at us. I drew back my arrow and let it loose. One orc fell and I blinked as the trees behind him seemed to crumble, leaving a white background. I looked around as my surroundings continued to crumble away like burning ash. 

"What the hell?!" I shouted. 

"What?" Boromir glanced at me while in combat.

"You're not seeing this?" I looked at him. 

The grass under my feet sunk down into a wood flooring. Boromir turned away from me to kill an Orc.

A sharp thwack came to the side of my head as if someone had hit me with a baseball bat. Pippin and Merry were looking down at me. Then came an arrow whistle and a gasp from Boromir. He had been struck. The blue sky was replaced with a white ceiling, the trees shed their leaves and walls began to surround me. I screwed my eyes shut as Pippin and Merry were whisked away by orcs. 

~~~~

Aragorn beheaded the Ura-Kai leader and went to Boromir's side who lay on the ground, close to his final moments. 

"They took Rosa and the little ones." Boromir choked out. "Rosa was out cold, but Merry and Pippin were struggling." 

~~~~

The sound of swords clanging and footsteps were no longer heard. I couldn't hear birds chirping anymore. I opened my eyes and found myself standing in a library. Much bigger than the one in my town. Everything was blurry though. People stood around me. I heard someone close a book. My eyesight got better, the first person I saw? 

"Mo?!" I breathed out. Mortimer held The Fellowship of The Ring in his hands. 

A/N: IM SO SORRY GUYS! BUT I LOVED IT! I'm sorry though. There will be a second book! I promise! Cause, why not?