Ch. 5: Seventeen Years

In a number of years, Rosa successfully started her lifestyle as a medicine woman in Bree. Every afternoon she and Aragorn went hunting, he treated her like a little sister and she treated him like an older brother. He taught her his ways of a ranger and she soon was able to keep to herself and hidden when she wanted to.

"Aragorn," Rosa started, they were sitting in her kitchen skinning animals they had caught. "how many years has it been since I came to Bree? Or when we first met?"

"I'd say about 17 years." Aragorn answered.
'The Hobbits should be in Bree by now..' Rosa thought. The two of them finished the skinning in a matter of time.

"You can take the two squirrels, the deer and the quail." Rosa moved a stack towards Aragorn.

"Alright. Thank you. I will see you tomorrow." Aragorn stood up, took his belongings and left.

As it was planned, they met in the forest and hunted. As they sat on a boulder waiting for any animal to come by, Aragorn looked up at the sky.

"It's going to rain tonight. Can you smell it?" He glanced at Rosa. She took a quick whiff and nodded. "We should get going soon." Aragorn stood up and helped Rosa to her feet. The sun was setting quickly, and soon enough it began raining.

"Lets get a drink at The Prancing Pony." Rosa suggested.

"I suppose that won't hurt." Aragorn nodded. They put their hoods up and entered the bar of the inn. "I'll be at the table in the corner, you can grab yourself a drink."
Rosa made herself over to the bar table.

"And what can I get you?" The bartender asked.

"Half pint of Ginger Beer." Rosa answered. In a flash the mug was handed to her and she made her way to the table in the corner.
Aragorn was smoking a pipe, Rosa tried a pipe, but got sick after one puff.

"I think I will go to market tomorrow to sell herbs." Rosa mentioned.

"So hunting is cancelled tomorrow?" Aragorn looked at her.

"Yes, I'm afraid so." Rosa took a sip of her Ginger beer, then a name rang through her ears.

"Underhill. The name's Underhill." Rosa choked on the drink and set down the mug. Aragorn started patting her back.

"Don't you know how to drink properly?" He joked.
Once Rosa caught her breath she looked up to find the four Hobbits. She spotted them easily, they stand out from the rest, they're tiny.

"Aragorn," she started, "there's four hobbits over there.. It isn't normal for a number of hobbits to come walking around Bree."

"That I can agree on. I'll keep an eye on them." Aragorn nodded.

One of them, Meriadoc Brandybuck, came over to their table with a pint of beer.

"What's that?" Another one, Peregrin Took, asked.

"This, my friend, is a pint." Meriadoc replied.

"They come in pints?!" Peregrin exclaimed. "I'm gettin' one!" With that, he jumped up and ran over to the bar.

"But you've 'ad two already!" The third hobbit, Samwise Gamgee, called after him.

"Typical hobbits." Rosa laughed. A little chuckle came from Aragorn.
Samwise glanced over at our table and tapped the last hobbit, Frodo Baggins' shoulder.

"Those people o're there have been doin' nothing but starin' at us since we got here." He said. Frodo glanced over at us, and stopped a bartender who was walking by.

"Excuse me, but who are those people over there?" He asked. The bartender looked over to us.

"Oh, them over there be dem rangers. Mysterious folk they are. The one in front is known as Strider, not much is know about the lass." The bartender answered.

"It's a lady? Very strange for 'er to be wearin' men's clothing." Samwise looked at him.

"Looks like they caught us." Rosa mumbled.

"Just sit still, we'll see what's going on." Aragorn said.

Frodo sat still for a moment, every now and then glancing at us. Then from under his shirt he took out a ring on a chain and began to play with it absently.

"Now what could that be.." Aragorn started.

"If I am mistaken, Aragorn, I think that's.. You know what.." Rosa said, trying to sound oblivious, even though she knew what was to come.

"The ring that Isildor was supposed to destroy.." Aragorn looked at Rosa.

"Baggins! That's right, he's sittin' o'er there! Frodo Baggins!" Peregrin Took spoke up. "He's my second cousin, twice removed on my mother's side!"

Instantly Frodo jumped up and ran over to Peregrin before he said anything else, in the process the spilled Peregrin's beer and fell to the ground, the ring flying into the air.
Aragorn sat up, reacting to the commotion. The ring fell back down, and landed on Frodo's finger, and instantly, he disappeared.

Aragorn stood up. "Keep an eye on the other's." He turned towards Rosa before disappearing into the crowd.
When he came back out he was dragging little Frodo behind him, up a flight of stairs and away into a room. Rosa noticed the three other hobbits were panicked and looking for Frodo. Rosa took that opportunity to slip up the stairs and guard the door.
Quick little footsteps came up the stairs and the hobbits appeared armed with.. 'Weapons'. Samwise held up his fists, Peregrin held up a chair and Meriadoc had a candlestick holder.

"Let us through." Samwise attempted to push past Rosa but she pushed him back. She was going to let them go, but with a fight. Peregrin also tried to push past her but when she held out her arm, he bit her.

"AYE!" Rosa shouted. She lifted her arm letting them through.

"LET HIM GO! I'M WARNING YOU!" Samwise yelled. Aragorn looked at Rosa.

"He bit my arm!" She pointed to Peregrin. Aragorn signed and put his sword back in it's sheath. The sound of shrieking Nazguls was heard.

"Come with me." Aragorn said.

A/N: 4 DAY WEEKEND WHOOP WHOOP! This will give me the opportunity to update more.