Chapter VII

******

I tried to close my eyes every time I see that you need my presence.

I tried to be deaf just not to hear your please to our members and manager.

Often times, I pretended to be asleep when you're around me.

I pretended to be listening to my iPod, earphones stuck on my ears even though not even a single sound is coming out.

*****

"What is your problem?!" Dinah shouted to the poor replacement girl upon reaching their dressing room.

"DJ, keep it low." Ally reminded. "Someone might hear.."

"I don't really care!" Dinah continued and faced the girl, glaring. She was about to spat words again until Normani appeared in front of her.

Her presence somehow calmed the Polynesian.

Normani sighed. "You... why did you do that?" She asked the girl.

But the replacement just kept mum and continued looking on the floor.

"Why did-"

"Why did you bump Camila!?" Dinah ended Normani's speech.

"I-I did not." The girl finally said timidly.

"You..." Ally interjected while giving a tired look on her face. "I saw it in front of my eyes. You practically bumped Camila 5 times during our performance on stage."

Silence engulfed them until Dinah can't take it anymore.

"This is absurd.." she said, hissing.

The door then opened revealing a very tired looking girl.

Dinah rushed and helped a pale looking Camila on the sofa. Beads of sweats can be seen on the latter's forehead.

"How's she?" Ally asked Dinah.

"A sprained wrist and ankle." Dinah sighed.

"The casualties? Are they bad?" Normani asked further.

"Very... She's not allowed to use her right hand and left foot." Dinah answered.

Normani looked at Camila who's resting on the sofa, eyes closed and pain is evident on her face. She unconsciously frowned. Her friend's in pain.