Chapter 8 - Freedom

Chapter 8 - Freedom

Brian's POV

A bright light went on, blinding me, but in a matter of seconds, it was gone. I opened my eyes and found a satisfied looking Lana watching back at me.

"Did it work?" She smiled and nodded

"You're free to go" She commented, leading her hand towards the door.

I smiled in joy. This was my chance. My freedom. After being captive for so long, I would finally get a chance to see the world again. I was beyond happy. And it was all because of a beautiful woman who despite everything I did, saw the good in me. She believed in me no matter what I was. She was willing to help me in the blink of an eye, and I would be forever grateful to her.

As I swiped my head to meet hers, I realized that she wasn't there. Frowning in confusion, I walked up to where she was walking and found her lying motionless on the floor. Panic arose within me and I instnantly picked her up, sprinting upto my bedroom where I placed her down gently on the bed, Lana followed.

"What happened to her?!" I yelled at Lana, not caring if she was the one who just granted me my freedom. I didn't care about anything else. Just her.

"The amount of power must have been too much for her and she must have fainted." She replied, casually.

"If you knew she was going to faint then why did you?!" I pointed. I knew this wasn't really her fault but I was angry, and she was the only one I could blame this on. I didn't want anything to happen to Alison. I have only known her for a few days, yet she was already starting to make a special place in my heart. And I just knew, that one day, she would be mine. Because slowly by slowly, everyday, I was starting to fall for her. For the amazing, brave woman she was.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was going to happen, I swear. I've never done this in front of a human before" I shut my mouth after that, not responding because I knew I would release my anger on her if I opened my mouth. My inner beast was eating me up on the inside. Wanting to tear the witch into pieces, it even wanted me to drink from Alison, but I wouldn't let that happen. She made me feel more human, and my human side would no let my beast overpower me. I put my head in my hands and thought of what to do. But I was helpless. Even though she had just fainted, I wanted to do something, I wanted to wake her.

And that's when I decided, after she would wake up, I would let go of her. Now that I was free from the castle, I could look for Grettan myself, I wouldn't put her in danger. I would send her away...

"What's going on?" I suddenly heard a croaky voice say, my head shot up and looked straight into the mesmerizing eyes of Alison.

Alison's POV

Black.

That's all I could see. Black everywhere. I knew my eyes were closed, but I didn't know how to open them. I heard voices behind me but they were unclear. I focused more on the voices, and instantly recognized one of them: Brian. I pushed and pushed until my eyes finally peeled open, but the image was still blurry. After a couple minutes of blinking, my eyes came in contact with a white ceiling. I adjusted my eyes to the light passing through my pupils and pushed myself up forcefully into a seating position. The first thing I saw as I sat up, was a worried looking Brian, with his head in his hands, sitting on the bed next to me. Lana was standing in the corner of the room, looking away.

"What's going on?" I coraked, my voice coming out shaky. Brian shot up, his eyes broring through mine and a smile appearing on his face. Lana faced me too, the same expression appearing on her face.

"You're awake" Brian stated, handing me a glass of water from the bedside. I gulped it down and noticed my surroundings, I was in Brian's bedroom. On his bed. Ok.

"That I am. Will someone please tell me what's going on?"

"Lana's spell was powerful, it made you faint." He pointed, I nodded, that's when I remembered.

"The spell, did it work?" I saw Brian's eyes lighten up and I instnantly knew my answer.

"Yes" Without thinking, my happiness took over and I lunged out, embracing Brian in a hug. His arms circled my waist in no time, making shivers run up my spine.

"That's wonderful, I'm so happy for you" Almost immediately, I pulled back from my random and sudden move. I smiled and knew exactly what I was going to do next. I hopped off the bed and walked over to Lana, hugging her too.

"Thank you Lana"

"Anytime" she said as we parted.

"Ok so here is the plan. Tomorrow we meet back here at four pm sharp and discuss how we are going to find Grettan, sound good?" They both agreed and soon after, Lana left.

"So, now that you are no longer bound to this castle, let's go!" I yelled, dragging Brian out, towards the front door. I stopped when we arrived and looked back at Brian. "Go ahead, open them, embrace your freedom" I could see the glee in his eyes as he slowly strode towards the door, tearing it open in one small shot. The winter breeze hit our faces as his eyes scanned over the place. A smile tugged at my lips as I observed him.

Then, I slowly moved my hand, placing it in his, interlacing our fingers. My eyes remained on his face as I did so. His eyes met mine at the contact between our skin - a thousand sparks igniting within me - and I smiled at him.

"Let's do this"

A/N

I apologize for the short chapter, but I don't really get much time to write! What do you think is going to happen? Where is Alison going to take Brian??

Picture of Brian's bedroom to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha