Chapter Four

I was more than dissapointed when our kiss came to an end and the whine that escaped me was punished by my own embarrassed mind. The man kidnapped me and yet here I was making out with him in his office as though it were any other day over at a lovers house. I needed to get my priorities straight, I should be shouting at him to send me home, unfortunately things weren't quite as easy as that.

I had rented the flat on a contract that was now way over the due time, I should have been kicked out already. I'd paid only two months of rent after staying there for six and owed money to more places than I could possibly remember. I was in danger every time I took a step out in the open.

People wanted my, dead or alive. My living was a mix of doing the odd burglaries, muggings, and mostly a string of selling questionable weed in the gay outclubs I took refuge in.

Most of the time I was paid by the dodgy owners of the clubs to sell their 'mixed' marijuana in their clubs and therefor required no money to enter. I liked those jobs, but I found such jobs less and less these days.

I was in trouble. Here or there. And at home the best that could happen for me was that the roof of my dingy flat fell in and killed me. Here, the best thing that could happen to me just did, I'd woken up in a warm comfy bed with thick covers and plump pillows, in a room with more devices than I'd ever personally owned, with heating and air conditioning.

I'd been pulled out of bed by an adorable little girl, taken to my capture who's brief encounter before had shown me he did not seem to have any inclination to bring me any harm. And though answering my questions in such a manner that only confused me further, he kissed me in such a way that made care less what little I wished to know.

The smile that relaxed the features of his otherwise stony expression nearly melted me right then and there.

"Kissing you is ambrosia. As forbidden as it was. I really shouldn't have done that, I'd think it in both our best interests that you keep that a secret." So many questions floodded my mind at once that not one managed to make it through my mouth in time before he continued talking. "I'll call you my sister. She will accompany you to the kitchen and prepare you a meal if one is not already laid out. You must be hungry."

There was somthing soft in his gruff tone that made me follow his instructions without any doubt or questions in mind. I knew I would torture myself later for missing the opportunity to prod him for clear answers to my questions, ones that did not require more questions.

My thoughts altered as I watched him however, completely set off course.

Kerberos was an enigma of sorts, he was strong, tall; even seated as he was, his muscular body was surrounded with what might have been an adapted aura of absolute power and control. It was as though the man had never expected anyone to defy him in any instance. This intrigued me.

The man seemed less than human to me at this point. Surely there was something more to him, I'm not calling him Edward Cullen, just, there was something special about Kerberos. This was an observation of mine that was not up for discussion.

His sister arrived with a polite rap at the door before going in without asking of her brothers permission. She introduced herself as Wisp and took my hand in hers without much of a conversation. She did not ask for my name or need to know what her brother wanted of her, somehow, without much discussion, she knew exactly what her brother wanted and was already leading me out of his office and down to the kitchen.

She was a beautiful woman with long legs and a perfect posture that kept her nose awkwardly high. Hey eyes were large, blue, with long thick eyelashes strawberried with neat black eyeliner and a pretty layer of dark blue eye shadow. They went well with her hair, which was also blue, a mixed shade of light and dark blue in a pixie cut. It looked amazing on her. She was no doubt gorgeous as women get.