Chapter Seven

It slowly became two weeks and I had truly enjoyed my stay here. It was so difficult not to just get used to the swing of things, become used to the house and enjoy it. It was going to be a month soon and I was only now beginning to wonder if anyone I knew could have possibly looked for me or anything.

I doubted anyone I knew would have called the police because I honestly don't know that many people that wouldn't be wary of being around them.

Actually I'd run into trouble with the police my fair share of times as well. They act like hero's and throw you up against the wall like thugs.

The first time I'd encountered the police I'd been on a school trip. I was really excited to go because I'd made a couple new friends and I wanted to share the sweets I'd brought along with them. In addition to that there was this girl named Katie who apparently used to have a crush on me. A 'kid crush' so you know what I mean, I was like eleven.

Anyway I loved the attention I got from the boys because of her and when we were split into groups it was me, my new friends and Katie, Knechi, and Suha.

We were walking through the park round about three minutes from my house and I dropped my earphones, when I went back to search for them the teachers started yelling at me and I was going to be sent back to school.

Me being me I was like fuck this, this is so unfair, and walked off. I was just going to go home, there was no way I was going to get fucked over like that and have to go back to school on top of that.

I did stop though, I sat down on a bench, I was admittedly scared to go home 'cause my mom was dating a guy that was a bit unstable back then. He was really strict for all the wrong reasons and he had no problem with spanking the shit out of his girlfriends kids.

But then my mom called me up, screaming like a mad woman telling me how the police were at our house and they were looking for me. I was so fucking confused. I asked her if they'd gone through the park and she said yes.

Proof right there that the police can't perform the simplest task right.

I was an eleven year old kid, in school uniform, sitting on my own almost in tears on a bench in the goddamn middle of the park! They seriously couldn't fucking find me? How inept can you get.

Anyway I went home and they yelled at me some more but her boyfriend wasn't home so I didn't get in any real trouble and she never bothered telling him either.

But what really pissed me off was that this dip shit policeman comes up to my room and tells me how he's been to loads of homes where the kids are really bad off and abused and how my life is really good and I shouldn't take it for granted and run away.

Even my mom was standing there a bit like what the fuck are you on about.

These guys get their ego pumped way too high I swear.

But that wasn't even near the end of my list of horrible encounters with policemen. I got the cops called on me so many times for stupid shit, really stupid shit.

There's a quote from Russel Brand that goes; 'In England, we have such good manners that if someone says something impolite, the police will get involved.' True shit.

While I was enjoying my relaxing stay I was also constantly on edge. I hadn't seen Kerberos since we'd last spoken and without him it made the place feel just a little more strange. I just didn't fit in here.

Also knowing what I know about the pride members was messing with my mind. I would constantly stare at them from the breakfast table and try to spot the similarities between them and our feline friends.