17. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

FOODS POV

Gross. When I wake up all I can smell is sweat and I feel my skin literally peeling from Charlies as I move.

I intend to climb out of the bed but I find myself chained to Charlie by his arms. It's really hot and his body heat isn't helping the situation.

I pull my hand out from under his arm, and with my elbow stuck between our bodies, I awkwardly twist my hand to poke his cheek. "Charlie." I saw quietly.

He stirs, at first I think he's going to wake up but then I feel myself being pulled closer. My whole body being pressed against his and I find it hard to breathe.

"Charlie." I say trying to poke his cheek. But because of the shift in position I can now only reach his shoulder.

He brushes my hand from his shoulder, "Kat, trying to sleep." He mumbles.

He buries his face into my neck, "Just shh." He whispers.

"Charlie it's so hot." I say starting to sweat again.

"No, It's not."

I blow hair from my face, it falls right back though making my efforts a failed attempt. "Yes, it is."

All of a sudden he snaps back and falls off the bed. Only I manage to fall with him. I groan before a coughing fit suddenly takes over my body.

I turn my face away from Charlie so I don't cough on him.

I realize that I managed to land on top of him and his arm circles my waist, the other hand feeling my forehead.

"You don't feel any better do you?"

I shake my head, still coughing.

He sits up which forces me to sit up too. My legs are on either side of his.

"We're going to the hospital today."

I shake my head, "I'll be fine." But right in the middle of my sentence I start coughing.

Charlie brushes hair from my face, "Food, we're going whether you like it or not."

I pull away from him; standing up, "You can't drag me there."

He gives me an amused look, "Really, I can't?"

I shake my head and walk over to my bag. I feel a little wobbly so I grab onto the wall. Charlie is all of a sudden there with his arms around my waist, "It's not like you would put up much of a fight." He tells me pushing me onto the bed.

"I need my bag." I say annoyed.

"I'll get it then."

I groan flopping onto my back. A second later Charlie is in front of me with my backpack, "Here."

I pull out the dress that I've only worn once and pull it on. I'm much to lazy to put on pants.

Charlie kneels in front of me and I realize he has that mouth temperature thing again. I groan, "No, you're not putting that thing in my mouth."

"Food, It's a digital thermometer. And yes I am."

I roll over onto my stomach, "No."

I feel his chest press into my back and a digital thermometer appear in my vision.

"Open up."

I shake my head and he pokes my lips with it, "I'm not moving until you do this."

I sigh and open my mouth.

When it beeps Charlie 'tsks.'

"What?"

"Still 103.1. That medicine didn't help at all. Come on we're going to the hospital."