Epilogue. Since when do cannibals fall in love with their food?

Kats pov

I called my father the day after I called Charlie and he was happy to hear I found him. Then Charlie and I spent a few weeks at the cabin. We just wanted to be alone.

After awhile though I knew I had to go visit my father, by this point my phone was dead and I couldn't even call him anymore. So Charlie and I rode Oliver most of the way and just like last time we walked the rest of the way.

Our first stop was the hospital and we got really amazing news. My father was healthy enough to be cared for at the house instead of the hospital. I mean, he wasn't perfectly healthy but he was sturdy enough to come home.

So Charlie and I took care of him and after a month of bringing him home he started to walk across a room. And it was amazing to see him strong enough to actually do it.

Jared married that other girl before we even got back and last I heard he wasn't happy with her at all, but he sure was happy with her inheritance.

Miles eventually started dating someone else and I heard from Karen that she's really terrible. Tom found himself a really nice girl though. Which really put Charlie at ease, all three men that were after me moved on.

Everyone was happy, I once in awhile saw my friends though I tried not too, Charlie was all I needed and I didn't like that they wanted me to conform with them.

It was months after we got home that my father popped the big question, 'if we were getting married?'

Of course it was way only six months or so since Charlie and I started dating but we both knew we wanted each other. I mean where would he ever find someone okay with him being a cannibal? and where would I ever find someone like him?

When my father asked we were in the middle of dinner and Charlie and I both froze looking over at each other.

I waited for Charlie to speak first, and finally he just shrugged and said, "Maybe."

I frowned at the time and didn't really understand what he meant by that.

Did he want to get married or not?

Is he going to ask?

Then a new question popped into my mind:

Did he ever think about stuff like that?

Of course I did, what female doesn't when they're madly in love?

But then my father had to make it even more awkward and said, "Should I be expecting grandkids any time soon?"

I just blushed and Charlie smiled over at me before saying, "Maybe."

Which of course caused the same questions from before to come to mind.

I was still really confused about all of this when one day Charlie and I went to a spot in the park, it's right by this little pond and we found that feeding ducks is actually a really fun past time. And he took my hand in his while I was laughing at the animals and just asked, "Will you marry me?"

I was barely even paying attention, and it took a second for it to register in my head and then I turned towards him really fast, "What?"

He gives me a pained look, "Please don't make me ask again."

I start laughing really happy, "Yes."

He sighs, "Will you marry-" I cut him off when I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him.

"No, I meant yes I'll marry you."

He grins, "Oh."

I laugh again, "You're such a goofball, only you would ask a girl while she's not even paying attention."