Chapter 4

The day after, Harry wanted Lynette to have a little surprise. He knew that she and her family went somewhere, so at 7 pm he went to their house and climbed to Lynette's bedroom. He knew she wouldn't like it, but he had to. She had to, she had to change, or she'll get killed. 

In his mind, the innocent once always die. When he was young he had a friend, named Jack. He was about thirteen years old then and a burglar went into Jack's family house. The burglar found the mother and Jack. They tried to stop him, but he was too strong for them, and killed them both. 

Look what happened to him, poor old Jack. Besides, even Harry was innocent, he only bought the drugs for his father and look where that got him. Dead. He didn't want Lynette to get killed, if she did, it was on his hands. 

He sat down on her bed, crossed his legs and grabbed the book that was sitting on the bedside table, next to Lynette's journal. He was tempting to open it, but he knew what privacy was and didn't want to invade it. 

He scanned the cover and saw that it was called "The Fault in Our Stars". He seemed interested in the book itself, as he read the back summary. When he was alive, he loved to read but his father always ripped his books, for one reason or another. Either he was drunk, either Harry didn't obey or maybe he just felt like it. 

"Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death." He read, his tongue reading the words, smoothly. 

                                                                                                    +

He was so deep in the book, that he hadn't heard the main door getting opened and shut. It wasn't until he heard Lynette say 'Oh my God' as she saw him on her bed, reading her book.

"What the - how did you get in here?" She said her hand covering her mouth to trap the scream that was previously forming inside.

"Lynette, I'm a ghost, how many times do I have to tell you that?" He said grabbing a bookmark from her bed side table and putting it in the book, to know where he arrived.

"I know, I know" She said sighing while cautiously walking over to him. 

"So, you were reading the Fault In Our Stars?" She said grinning.

"Yeah, when I was alive, I used to love reading. Unfortunately I don't have books to read anymore." He said looking down, it was something else he missed. She looked at him and blinked, realising that she takes life for granted, while Harry wishes he had her life. 

"You know .. if you want, you can come to my room everyday, and read. I have plenty of books since my family is full of bookworms." She said smiling at her thought, he deserved happiness and she wasn't going to keep him from being happy. Even if that meant that a ghost would be reading her books.

He looked at her as something sparked in his eyes. "Yes! Yes! Thank you so much, Lynette!" He said jumping over to her and hugging her in a bear hug. For a second he forgot, that he was a ghost and that he radiated coldness. 

"H-Harry, I'm freezing" she said after two minutes, of him embracing her. He let go of her and a look of concern replaced his one of happiness.

"Oh, I, sorry" he said sheepishly smiling. She smiled at him, she only had known him two days, and he was a ghost, but it felt like he was soon going to be a friend.

"So, why did you come here? I thought you said that if I came to the playground, you wouldn't haunt my house?" She said raising an eyebrow. She was sort of afraid.

"I was bored and I'm really glad I came, I found quite the interesting book" He said pointing over to the John Green book. 

"I see. So you're going to haunt my house?" She said again, thinking many things.

"Lynette, I can't. Every house has her own ghost, my house is the playground. This house still doesn't have a ghost, but I'll promise you it'll have if you don't change" He admitted changing words to what he wanted her to do. 

"I'm not going to change Harry! Get that into your mind!" She yelled. She was getting tired of listening to his nonsense every frickin time.

"Why won't you listen?" He yelled standing up.

"I don't want to! Get out if you're going to keep talking this nonsense!" she said out of anger.

"I will get out, but expect me to come again, tomorrow! You will do what I say!" He said getting his hand out of her window.

"I'm not your possession!" She yelled as she threw a pillow at the window, Harry being quick enough to get out. 

"Lynette? Are you okay?" She heard her mother say from outside. Her parents heard her talking with someone from downstairs.

"Yes mum, I'm fine! Was just watching a movie!" Lynette lied through her teeth. The first lie she ever said. 

Note : I wasn't quite evil in this chapter, expect the fact that she told him to get out! The double update did happen, except next chapter tomorrow!