Chapter V

A tall figure, cloaked in black robes, walked down the torch lit hall to the Atlantean Royal Throne chamber. Its pale face was eclipsed by the hood that covered its head, and as it walked it avoided the firelight by stepping in shadow; the cyborgs and artillery droids that lined the hall dropped to their left knees and bowed their heads when it passed. The figure stopped to look beyond the distant broken gates of the throne chamber, and focused its glare upon the blue, half-sphere energy shield that radiated over the Oracle Queen, her priestesses, and the High Kai Guardians.

A bald man, short in stature, dressed in black and dark grey robes, walked up to, and stood behind, the dark figure. His frail albino face had no eyebrows. His lips were black as were his twitching eyes that sat deep within their sockets.

The dark figure turned to his servant and hissed, "This night brings the end of the Kai."

"My Domek," began the albino man, "there are still forty-nine Kai-Minor priestesses, and strangely there are only six High Kai Guardians protecting six High Kai Priestesses."

"I shall thank Arkan for that. Continue the search. He is still here, deep in the beneath."

"What are we to do with the Kai priestesses, my Domek? There are too many of them, as a collective they are, perhaps, too powerful. They can destroy us if they so choose–"

"They can destroy you–but not me," he sneered. "They know my mind is safe."

"How then are we to advance? We cannot penetrate their Kai-Ra?"

The dark figure inched closer to his white-faced friend and whispered, "Do not be so certain that the Kai are beyond the grasp of Belial. I have felt a weakness within, a lack of hope among their young. They have seen the imminent doom of the Kai and have chosen to join me. They have betrayed the Law of One. They have consumed the spirit of the demon."

A shadow grew outlining five Kai-Minor priestesses who had awoken from their meditations with eyes that dilated into a demonic stare. Together, these baneful five, unleashed swords from within the dark of their robes and slit the necks of the Kai-Minor priestesses seated before them. They then ascended into the air and blasted Spheres of Ra from their hands at the youngest of the tiring Kai below them.

Kolia Ra, the youngest of the Kai-Minor priestesses, exploded into a ravaging wrath of flame. Her horrific screams shattered the meditative thoughts of those around her as fire delved deep into her throat and lungs; the foul scent of her burning skin filled all within the Kai-Ra.

Nearly all the young Kai-Minor priestesses scattered from Kolia Ra's blazing body of frantic arms and legs. Then another globe of fire hit and threw Kolia Ra up like a weightless doll, burning her until she moved no more. The youngest priestesses retreated from the baneful five–the Kai-Ra weakened–and one by one they were torched for none among them were able to silence the fear in their hearts and minds.

The oldest and wisest of the Kai-Minor priestesses sat calm and focused, as six of their youngest burned, easily warding off and suspending the attacking Spheres of Ra in mid-flight with their raised left arms and open hands.

Artillery droids opened fire upon the Kai-Ra; and the seated Kai priestesses replied with their right palms outstretched before them to further reinforce the Kai-Ra shield. The shield grew strong again. Together the elder priestesses looked up and arrested all motion from the five hovering traitors who they dishonored by flipping them over. The Oracle Queen then said to the wicked five, "You are no more." And with those words the Queen threw them spinning out of the Kai-Ra, pinning and crushing them against the high curved ceiling with the heavy strength of her mind.

Looking at what it considered a delightful sight the dark one turned to the white-faced man and said, "Unfortunately, the High Kai Priestesses, and their pathetic little guardian men, are pure in both mind and spirit. We will have to be patient. Their minds are willing, but their bodies weak. As the coming days pass they will starve and meet their end. They shall die slowly, and her royal lineage shall be forever wiped from Atlantean memory.

"I will finally gain what I have sought, the pleasure of killing the last Guardians of the Kai."

The Oracle Queen felt him, the one that was a man but not. She took a deep breath and tried to break into his thoughts, but could not. He, the dark leader of this invading force, was there, but not in mind or spirit, only in flesh and synthetic parts.

Time was running out. Kron knew not what else to do other than to allow the priestesses to rest and regain their strength, but that they could not do. Kalia Ra, his High Kai Priestess bound to him, agreed that there was little else that could be done. The High Kai Council convened with their Oracle Queen as the remaining thirty-two Kai-Minor priestesses focused their fading strength upon the Kai-Ra.

Kron spoke, "Forgive me, my Oracle Queen. I was not myself when I demanded the Spheres of Ra be unleashed upon this malefic force." He bowed, and after he did each member of the High Kai Council spoke and offered their apologies as well.

"Your apologies, I accept," began the Oracle Queen, "but, it is too late for such thoughts and gestures, the hour of death is nigh. You have failed me by doubting me, and I have failed myself by giving in to your demands. Nevertheless, I am the Oracle. I am your Queen.

"Long has my line been in communion with the Pleiadians and Sirians. They have always guided our people. But events occur, as they should. And here we are at an end. You all know the words of Artemis. You can all feel that this is how things must be. Two from our Council have we lost. One will escape. And from his seed that has yet to be conceived will our Legacy of Light begin.

"Do not fear. Come near and welcome my Light for soon it shall consume all."

A black raven flew through the corridor that led to the throne chamber and eyed his master, the one he called White Face. He glided and landed upon the extended arm of his master and projected his thoughts to him.

White Face petted his bird, "My Domek, there are two in the cavern beneath."

"It is Arkan and his priestess. Ensure that they do not escape. I will face them."

"Yes, my Domek."

The raven understood the instructions of the one he called Dark and took flight back down the corridor to deliver the directive.