Chapter 8: Next Day At School

Earlier Today

I was walking to school with a smile on my face, but as soon as I went inside my 1st period classroom, that smile was wiped clean of my face. Apparently we got a new student. She was a first/sight-no-like person, and at first sight, I sure didn't like. Her hair was all tangled and matted, her teeth yellow and showed the ought her unhappy smile, and her clothes seemed worn and bedraggled. My teacher assigned her the empty seat in front of my crush, and get this, she was flirting with him!! And the fact that she was flirting with him didn't bother me much, I mean, its not like he's my boyfriend or anything, but it's the fact that she thought she even had a chance. If he didn't like me, there is no possible way in the history of 'ways' that he would even slightly like her. So I guess I was mad but definitely not worried. My crush seemed to be edging away from his seat, clearly uncomfortable, but she jus my leaned in closer and closer and closer. Be even said, "Can I have some personal space?", but she still went on. "Excuse me but you need to sit back down and stop annoying him," , I stood up to her, "He's clearly uncomfortable." "Shut your mouth you little son-of-a-!", she shouted back. Luckily the teacher heard. "We do not us foul language in this class Shayla, please respect that rule.", Mrs.Ramirez said. Yess! She just got owned! "Thanks!", Carl whispered. "No problem!", whisper back, and I dash into my seat just as the bell rings. The whole time she keeps looking at me as if I'm a problem she's trying to solve. But, whatever, I'm not going to be part of any girl drama this year! Boy was I wrong. Luckily I didn't have her in my second period science, which is my favorite subject!! I did have her in my core class, English and social studies, but she was seated in the front of the class while I was in the third row next to Alicia. "What happened to her?!", Alicia asked me, referring to Shayla. "I don't currently know, and I not planning to find out.", I answer back. She laughs back, of course not loudly, and we get back to our daily warm-up. After core is lunch, and as I go to sit with Jennifer, Nicole, Kat, Olive, and a few others, Shayla comes and sits right next to my but, as if it were so sort of magnet! "If you don't mind.", she said. "No, I sure don't!", I reply back sarcastically. She ignores me and stays silent, except when she tries to get me not to talk with my freinds. It was really weird, but what ever. As we get up to go to the black top and the over hang, I hear someone struggling and arguing, and it sounds like, .. Carl? And, it sounds like he's being forced to do something by...
And the next second I'm in the PE supplies closet. And I see Shayla pressing Carl up to a wall, forcing him to do something, I don't know what, because I'm also being pressed against the wall too. "A few last words before I knock you both unconscious, I hate Jazz music so much that I blow up every radio that I hear it playing in, especially kitchen radios, and also all of Jazz related music, like bass music", she said looking at me, "And soda isn't my favorite my favorite beverage, Caarrrl", she said the last part facing Carl, and said his name ant the end in a snarling tone. I don't Remeber anything after that.