Chapter 9: Trapped in a Van

I woke up in a van. Weird. And then I realized Carl was strapped down in the chair next to me. Uh oh. We were trapped and I new it. I saw a shadow lurking in the corner of the van, and I knew right away it was Shayla. I knew she was bad news, but not that bad. As she walked past I saw she was wearing the same clothes as before. I realized she didn't know I was awake and I wanted to keep it that way. As Shayla walked up to the front of the van, I heard a deep voice, then a really high pitched voice, and then Shayla's voice. I couldn't hear much, but it seemed like they were talking about some sort of young captive. And then I remembered where I recognized the high and low voices from. They were the same two men who took Jazzy's little brother. As I saw Shayla heading back towards me and Carl, I quickly shut my eyes. "You will never get away with this!" Carl had just shouted at Shayla, not surprising her what so ever. "Looks like I already have" Shayla said in her rasping voice that makes you want to slap her. I of course stayed with my eyes shut and mouth closed, I didn't want to have to speak with her. I expected her to speak to me , but to my surprise, she went to the back of the van behind our chairs. BAAM !!! Shayla had just hit me in the back of the head with a pan. The last thing I heard was another big baam next to me where Carl was sitting and Shayla's disgusting voice saying, "Thought you could trick me little birdie, I don't think so!" Then I felt a jolt of the van moving forward, and the world disappeared.