introduction

The crowd excited me.

Men and women from the county and beyond have come and paid good money to see a fight. They've betted their paychecks to see some blood spill, and that's just what they're going to get.

My opponent, Danielle Patton, is tough, but not unbeatable. She asked for this fight, so I gladly accepted. That's more money in my pocket.

Because I know I'll win. I always win.

"Montgomery, you ready?" My manager asked, as he walked into the room and helped me to my feet. I nodded, bumping fists with him for luck. Not that I need it, it's just something we do before every fight. "Will your brother be joining us this evening?"

"Do you really believe my brother would come to this? He hates the fighting." This was true, Cameron hated the life I had chosen. He hated that I was willing to break bones and watch people bleed for a living, but it honestly didn't bother me any. If it brought in a good paycheck, it was worth it. "He's probably at work, having the time of his life."

"Fine, let's get going then." He said, placing a hand on my lower back and escorting me towards the ring. The crowd gradually got louder as I got closer to the ring, my blood pumping in excitement. I live and breathe for this shit and I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone take my title from me.

I mean, I am the current undefeated champion and have been for quite some time now.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to The Underground!" The crowd instantly bursting out in cheers. "My name's Blake and I call the f***ing shots here! The rules are simple and are as such: once the opponents are in the ring, all betting must come to an end! Do not step foot in the ring, do not harass any of the fighters, and do not bail if you lose! If you do any of this, your ass will be put out on the streets and you will not receive your bets!"

I looked over to the other side, Danielle's eyes shooting daggers at me. I elbowed my manager slightly, nodding my head over towards her side, only to have him burst out in laughter. "She honestly thinks she's intimidating, doesn't she?" He whispered, the arrogant grin on my face making her eyes roll.

"In this corner, we have the challenger! From all the way in Iowa, Danielle Patton!" The crowd booed and hollered as she entered the ring, her eyes not leaving mine for a second. She bounced around on the tips of her feet, as Blake turned and pointed towards me. "In this corner, we have the reigning champion! Galveston's very own, Vale Montgomery!"

I headed towards the ring, the crowd chanting my name and cheering so loud my ears were ringing, the familiar feeling very much welcomed. My manager stayed outside the ring, as I crawled through the ropes and stood in my corner, eyes glued on Danielle. "The tension and need for bloodshed is real right now, y'all!" Blake yelled into the mic, before removing himself from the ring and letting the ring girl present the round sign.

Then the bell rung.

\**\**\

"You don't even have a scratch on you, V." My manager said, as we exited The Underground and walked towards my truck. "Now your lovely twin brother can sleep well tonight knowing his sister is perfectly fine."

"I'm still going to get lectured, Nate." I replied, opening the driver side door and throwing my bag inside. "'Dammit V, why do you keep doing this? Mom would be so ashamed.'" I mocked, causing Nate to laugh. "He annoys the piss out of me."

"He's only looking out for-"

"You got my money, or what?" I interrupted, pulling a cigarette out of my pocket and lighting it, welcoming the taste like a long lost friend. I didn't want to hear that my brother cared for me, cause I doubt it. I just wanted to go home and sleep, was that too much to ask for?

Nate handed me a roll of money, keeping his share of my winnings as pay. I shoved it all inside the pocket of my jean jacket and patted him on the shoulder, before getting into my truck and driving away.

______________________

Welcome to Touch.

This is different for me to write, so bare with me. Vale is a complex character that will take getting used to. This was only a sneak peak at what's to come.

Hope you enjoyed this!

Logan, x