Late

I ran as fast as I could towards the house. I was late for Madison's birthday party. I rushed into the house and closed the door behind me. I moved my long blonde hair from my face and walked into the kitchen. Madison was seated in her chair with her brown hair pulled into a ponytail. It's been 6 years since she has arrived. I had just turned 13 a few days ago. I put my bag on the ground. "Hey kid" I said smiling at her.
"Hi Ellie!" She said hugging me. Matthew came out from the basement with the last of his boxes. For a 20 year old about to go for his third year of college. He was just getting some more of his stuff.
"Ellie!" Matthew said hugging me tightly. I was gonna miss him. He was like a big brother. Lucy came down the stairs with her lap top.
"I got in!" She cheered happily. She was headed to college in a few weeks. Her long blonde hair was pulled into a bun.
"That's great" Matthew said to his sister. Lucy walked over and hugged her older brother. They were going to the same college. Dylan rushed into the house. I guess I wasn't the only late one. Dylan dropped his stuff and grabbed an apple from the bowl.
"We should have a movie night" Dylan said. Me and him are the only ones in this house who are from America. He was born in California while I was from Boston.
"Sure" I said. Sometimes when we don't have homework we watch a movie. It was my turn to choose. Lucy ran back upstairs. Matthew took his box to the living room. Dylan and me ran up stairs. Madison followed Lucy since they were like siblings. Me and Dylan are like brother and sister. I guess we'd have Madison's party later. I opened my bedroom door and walked inside before closing my bedroom door. I plopped down onto my bed. (Bedroom above) my bedroom has changed over the years. There was a knock on my door.
"Come in" I said as Matthew came into my room with a small box.
"Since I'm not sure if I'll be coming back. I wanted to give you this little present to remember me bye" he said handing me the box. I opened the box to see a bracket with a heart that had a few letters on it. He had one on his wrist.
"I have the other half" he said putting them together to reveal a message. Best Big Brother. I smiled and hugged him tightly.
"I'll miss you Ellie" he said.
"I'll miss you too Matt" I said punching his arm.
"Maybe I'll come back. I'm not sure" he said, "I was thinking about moving to America after college" he said.
"I'd go back to Boston any time" I said remembering my old home.
"Of corse you would" he said smiling before getting up and walking towards my bedroom door, "I'm leaving tomorrow morning so make sure you save that large hug you got waiting for me."
"Sure thing Matt" I said as he walked out of the room closing the door behind him. I put the bracelet on with a smile. Such a loser.
Madison blew out her candles. "Good job Madison!" Mrs Georgia said.
"Happy birthday Maddy" I said to her with a smile. After a little bit of a party we all went upstairs. Dylan joined me in my room as I put the movie Iron Man on my TV.
"You know me so well" he said sitting in front of the TV with me.
"I know I do" I said pushing him over. Soon Matthew came to join us with a bowl of popcorn. He sat down beside me and soon Lucy was here too. We all enjoyed movies. We were like a family. I love these guys so much.