Doesn't Matter

< ~ Anidala One Shot ~ >

Anakin nervously tapped his foot against the steel floor. 'Can't this elevator go any faster?' Patience was never his strong suit so even just a trip up the lift would make him grow antsy. He'd been given a few days off for medical purposes; during an ambush, his right arm had been damaged above the prosthetic. Until it healed, the young Jedi wasn't allowed back into the battlefield. Normally, he would argue and eventually just sneak in but for once, Anakin didn't let it phase him.

He wanted to go home.

Finally, after what felt like hours to him, the lift doors opened to reveal a familiar apartment. Walking over to the front closet, Anakin hung his cloak up as well as removed his dirty boots. 'I'm not tracking any mud in again, not after last time...' Once he was just in his robes, a golden droid approached him. "Oh, thank the maker! Welcome home, Master An-"

Master Ani smirked as the droid powered down with a wave of his hand. "Thanks, Threepio; it's good to be home." He walked past the offline droid and went into the main sitting room. It was an odd sight to not see his 'fighter on the platform; his arm had restricted his piloting skills so the Jedi had to catch a speeder. 'If I was Angel and I was home, where would I be?' It was about late afternoon but seeing as it was Friday, the Senator would've came home after only a half day.

'Bingo.' Anakin spotted a pink-brown handbag near the kitchen, laying on the bar. She'd never leave home without this so she must be home. He eyed the lower level, not having found any sign of her. 'Must be upstairs.' With that thought, he quickly mounted the stairs by two. The scarlet sofas were vacant, leaving only one option left. 'Bedroom.'

Anakin quietly walked down the short hallway and stopped in the master's doorway. 'Even when she's fast asleep, she's still an angel.'

Padme laid on the bed, still dressed in her senatorial gown. She'd taken down her hair, letting her natural curls flows freely; they swept across the pillows like a stream behind her head. Her body was in a stretched out version of fetile position, facing the left side of the bed. The senator was holding the same side's pillow in an embrace, her left cheek pressing into it. 'She steals the blankets when I'm home and my pillow when I'm away.'

Anakin shook his head, silently walking over to the right side of the bed. Careful not to wake her just yet, he laid down behind her; his injured arm laid over her side, pulling her back into his chest. He buried his face behind her neck, taking in the scent of her curls and a faint of her perfume. Before he could get to comfortable, Padme shifted and stirred from her sleep. "Anakin?"

"I'm here, Angel." He smiled, pressing a kiss to the side of her cheek. She rolled over to lay on her back, her hands coming up to either side of his face. Her coffee-hued eyes landed on his injured arm, the white bandages sticking out like a sore thumb over his black robes. "You're hurt..." He dipped his head down to kiss her, only for her to turn her head.

"It doesn't matter."

She proper herself up on her elbows, their faces just inches apart. "To me, it does; what happened, Ani?" He only smiled, feeling himself begin to float on cloud nine. "

"It doesn't matter."

"Anakin, your arm is wrapped twice from what it looks like. I don't care if you don't think it matters; my husband is hurt and it matter to me because I can't stand to see you in pain."

"I'm not." He pressed a kiss to her forehead, slipping his good arm under her. "I'm okay; it's just a blaster burn." She sighed, subtly shaking her head. "It doesn't matter if it's a burn, a cut or what; you're hurt, Ani." Padme laid down, resting her head against his shoulder. "I'm fine; I just have to rest for a few days before I get sent off to Kessel."

"Kessel?" Her eyes widened in disappointment. "How many days is a few?" One of her hands found his cheek, the other over his heart. "It doesn't matter... I'm home and I'm with the love of my life; nothing else matters to me right now." With that, he left no room for arguement; his lips found hers and that was that. After a moment she pulled back, smiling up at him shyly.

"I guess it really doesn't matter then."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this one shot! Don't forget to comment below what you want to see from me next! Hit that star and I'll see you next time! Love, -P ♥️