Only for You

< ~ A Requested Obitine One Shot ~ >

"I'm sorry, Duchess but I simply must leave at once. Master Yoda and Master Windu are expecting me."

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi was heading towards his starfighter, the vehicle out on a platform under the night sky. "I understand Master Kenobi but..." Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandelore trailed off as they passed the final guard that was on the platform, finally making them alone. "Obi, please...."

"Satine... Please don't make this any harde than it needs to be." He turned, seeing the disappointment clear on his face. "When will I see you again?" She asked, holding her arms as though she was cold. He walked over to her, running his hands over the exposed skin. "One of these days, you'll wear something more practical..." He chuckled, shaking his head as he avoided the question. "I'm fine." She answered stoutly, though the goosebumps on her arms gave her away. "You didn't answer me. How long will you be gone? A year? Two? Longer?"

"I'll be back; I'll always come back to you."

"You always say that... Then I die a little every time I have to watch you leave because I know there is a very good chance I won't see you again." She looked up into his hooded blue eyes. "Satine, don't say that." He pulled her into his arms, resting his chin atop her head. "How do you think I feel leaving you? It's not easy, trust me."

"Then stay, just for a little... Not as a Jedi Master, or as the Negotiator... Stay as my Obi." Her voice never left its soft pitch, just a slight tremble when she laid her head against him. He stilled, wrapping his arms around her waist to keep her pressed against him. She wanted him to stay? Him? Why did she want him to stay? Of course they both enjoyed each other's company but she seemed to have something else in mind. "Why? Why should I stay? Why do you want me to stay?"

"Because I want to be with you... Even if only for a little while. You told me once if I would have said something, you would have left the Order. I know it's too late for that now but I'm saying it anyway... I love you, Obi-Wan."

"Do you remember what else I said?" He pushed back some of her hair, tucking it behind her ear. "Rather what I didn't say?"

"I don't remember..."

"I never said if told me by a certain time, Satine." He gently guided her to look up, keeping his hand on her cheek. "I was willing to leave then, I still am now. All I ask is that there be no secrets; I don't wanna see anymore vultures trying to win you over." Obi-Wan looked her dead in the eyes. "If you want me to be yours, you must be willing to be mine."

"You'd leave?" She asked, still not believing it. Over the years she had forced herself to believe that was an impossibility."Only for you." He grabbed one of her hands from his chest, bringing it to his lips."Of course I'll be yours." Her eyes closed at the feeling of his lips on her skin."Give me a moment." He slowly pulled away from her, readying his commlink. "Master Windu... Come in, Master Windu... Mace, are you there?"

Finally the steady voice of the fello Jedi responded. "This is Windu, I read you, Master Kenobi. What seems to be the problem?" He asked, his voice calm."There's...no problem, Master. I've just realized something; I've found my true calling and I'm afraid it pulls me away from the order." Obi-Wan leaned against his starfighter, watching Satine speak to a guard. There was silence on the end, he could sense the shock even though he couldn't see him. "Obi-Wan... I don't know what to say..." He finally said, breaking formality and speaking like a friend. "Master, this is something I've suppressed for a long time." He watched as she silently walked over to him.

"I just can't lie anymore."

"I cannot agree with it but I can respect it... You'll be greatly missed Kenobi but you're a fine man." Mace said; Obi-Wan could almost hear him nodding his head. "May the Force Be With You." With that, Obi-Wan took off the commlink and tossed it to the ground; his boot smashed the communicator with ease. He pulled Satine forward, hugging her close. She smiled into his shoulder. "I can't believe you're actually with me now."

"I can't believe that I can be with you..." He closed his eyes, leaning forward so their foreheads were touching. "I love you Obi-Wan Kenobi, I've adored you forever and I'll love you for always." She leaned in to kiss him. "I love you, Satine..." He pressed his lips against hers, pulling her flush against him. She sighed into the kiss, returning it passionately as her hands found the sides of his face. A guard approached a few feet away, unaware of the moment in progress. "Duchess, I'm afraid we need to get you back to the palace at once; it's an emergency."

She pulled away and turned to him. "What is happening?" Obi-Wan heard the authoritative tone slip into her voice. "Death Watch has spotted in the center square; for your safety, we must return to the palace immediately." It was at that moment, the new former Jedi had an idea. "I'll fly her back; she'll be there before you can say 'Death Watch.'" The guard looked skeptical but was at loss to say anything when Satine spoke up. "I'l go back with him.. I'll be fine and at the palace in one piece." With that, the guard bowed before turning to his squad and beginning to load up their skiff.

Obi-Wan hopped up onto the hood of his ship, holding a hand out for her. "I'm afraid you'll have to sit on my lap, Milady..." She grinned slightly and took his hand, settling comfortably against him in the small cockpit. He hit a button to bring the top down, wrapping his arms around his Duchess.

"I love you, Satine..."

"I love you too, Obi-Wan."

A/N: There you guys go! Finally, an Obitine one shot is added to the collection. I just wanna give my sister IssieKnight a shoutout for helping me with this one! I hope you enjoyed this one shot! Don't forget to comment below what you want to see from me next! Hit that star and I'll see you next time! Love, -P ♥️