Fire and Ice (Song Shot)

A/N: This is my first song-inspired one shot so go easy on me if its not great... Love, -L (This is AU btw.)

Darth Vader x Padme Amidala

Fire and Ice by Olivia Bray

Emperor Palatine and his right hand, Lord Vader, sat in the imperial box of the Coruscanti Opera House. Tonight, they would be enjoying entertainment of their loyal subjects; it was an open mic night to those who were talented enough to get an invite. The select few would introduce their piece with a small speech or description of the music before carrying out their performance.The Siths clapped politely as the Nautolan Jazz player bowed, exiting the stage just as stagehands were pulling a piano to the center of the room. Once the grand instrument was in place, they locked the wheels in place before leaving the massive room.

A few moments later, a woman dressed in red approached the piano. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, Emperor... Tonight, I am playing a song I wrote around the time our glorious empire was born. I was going through a rough patch at the time and this is what came out of it... This is 'Fire and Ice' and I hope you enjoy..." The audience clapped politely as she sat down at the bench. Vader leaned over to his master, his voice low. "Does her voice sound familiar to you, Master?" Palpatine raised a thin eyebrow. "Not really... She's probably performed on the holo or something." They quieted back down as she began playing.

Touch, light as a feather
Thought I knew better
But he puts fire in my veins

Vader closed his eyes, trying to place her. The brown curls that cascaded over the red fabric seemed oddly familiar, like he'd seen them before. He'd seen her before, hell, spoken to this woman before but where was it?

Quick glance, swift as the ocean
But now I am frozen
He takes my breath away

He thought back to his time off duty, remembering his glorious travels during that month. Though that was around three years prior, he could still remember that time as if it's just happened the previous day. He'd gone gambling in Cloud City on Bespin, spent some time on Naboo, adventured to the Outer Rim...

But I'm not supposed to love him
Not supposed to think about his touch when I'm alone
The love was brand new
But now has a dark hue
I'm still as a statue but he brings me to life
Don't care if it's right

Naboo seemed to ring a bell... He'd met a few people on the planet that had left a mark on him. There was Maison Vorta and his family, who showed him kindness by letting the Sith stay at his beautiful lake house for a week. Another person who left his mark on the heir to the throne was a man by the name of Ruwee Naberrie. He and his daughter had given Vader a lift into town when his speeder broke down...

Clip my wings take everything
Dont know what's right
Fire and ice
Keep your blue eyes away from me
I'm mesmerized
Fire and ice

What was that girl's name? 'Padme...' A voice whispered in his head, a light bulb going off in his head. That was the girl he spent time with at the lake house! A smile crept onto his face, remembering the rushed romance they had shared, the long days on the beach and even longer nights in his bed... Vader sat back, listening to his lover's beautiful song, his mind focusing on the lyrics.

Longing sits behind his eyes
Sits behind my eyes
We're like clockwork just in sync

Whether she was talking about back on Naboo or right now, he could feel her emotions match up with his. She knew he was in the audience, somehow, someway...