Chapter one

Reader point-of-view

"[y/n]" A familiar voice called out to me as I strolled the streets of ripall. As I turned around to see one of my best friends face, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry about that I wasn't looking where I was going" I said with a faint smile spreading on my face.

"No, it's ok it was my fault" he said with an apologetic smile across his lips, and eyes closed shut. His hand was caressing the back of his neck as he asked "Sorry I didn't do a formal greeting yet. Well, my name is Portagas D. Ace and yours is...?" he said as he opened his blue eyes meeting my [e/c] eyes, with a faint pink, tinted on the side of his face.

"Oh, yes my name is [f/n] [l/n] and it is a pleasure to meet you Portagas D. Ace!" I said with a pleasing tone in my voice.

"[y/n]" I hear the voice call out to me, once again, so I turned around with Ace looking at the figure right in front of us panting, to catch his breath. It was my good friend Kato, and he looked like he was about to pass out right in the middle of the street.

"Oh, hey Kato, I forgot we were meeting up." I said with my hand behind my neck rubbing to comfort my arrogance.

"Oh yea, Kato meet Ace, Ace meet Kato!" I said as they shook each others hands with...i think...a glare?

"Nice to meet you" they said in unison, squinting at one another. I had no idea what was going on, so I interrupted their little stare off to get on with what I was going to say.
"a-hem" I (fake) coughed, closing my eyes, trying to get their attention back to me."So, Ace what brings you to ripall?" I ask ignoring the stare of Kato. "I was just passing by." he said looking into my [e/c] eyes.

"[y/n]?" he asked while looking at the black cloak around my body.
"yes?" I say as I looked at him dumbfounded. "Well I was just wondering why you where that cloak on such a warm evening?" he asked as my eyes widened a smudge, as I turned to Kato, who had the same expression looking back at me. Surprised. That was the look of our faces once he asked the question that I hated to answer the most.

I looked back at Ace with my expression more hidden then it was a second ago. 'Should I tell him or should I make an excuse?' I question myself in the back of my mind.

A minute has passed and Ace was really getting impatient. He was about to speak when I stepped in. "Ace, the reason why I where this cloak is because..........

Well I hope you liked it, my first ever story, so far. And that you will (hopefully) wait till I post/make the next one.

Well I'll see you guys later so.....

BYE!!!!!!!