The Stain c.h

My hands shoved deep in my pockets I shuffled across the leaf covered sidewalk my ears ringing with the shrill shrieks of candy sticky brats running from house to house dressed as their favorite characters.

Removing a hand from my pocket I ran my fingertips over my hair before removing the cigarette from my mouth and letting it drop into the road.

Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, I hastily removed it, and looking around, making certain I was alone, read the message.

It's done.

Breathing out a sigh of relief I turned in the driveway of the last house on the left. Glancing around again to make sure I wasn't being followed, I hastily made my way up to the front door and slipped inside.

Locking the door behind me I leaned against it before typing a reply.

Good. He deserved it.

One Week Prior

Calum's Pov -

Sitting on the couch in the living room, I flipped through the channels lazily, wanting anything to watch and finding something against everything. Twenty minutes later I'd finally decided on Children of the Corn when I heard the front door slam.

Startled, I looked over the back of the couch and watched as my younger sister Callie stormed into the house, tears streaming down her cheeks, smearing her mascara and making her eyeliner run.

"Who died?" I questioned, returning my gaze to the glowing box in front of me.

Ignoring me, she dropped her books to the floor before running up the stairs and into her room, slamming the door so hard I swear the foundation of the house shook.

"Calum!" our older sister Mali shouted from her room in the basement.

"What?" I called back.

"What the heck are you doing up there?"

"It wasn't me!"

I heard the sound of her footsteps on the stairs before the basement door was thrown open.

"Who was it then?" she demanded, somewhat breathlessly, "The boogie man?"

"Callie." I replied, still focused on the TV.

"Callie doesn't get out of school for another hour and a half." she said slowly.

"Who knows, maybe her pad leaked so she came home." I snapped, "Only bitches on their period slam doors like that."

"Calum Hood!" Mali shouted, causing me to wince, "Go up there right now and see what's wrong."

"No," I laughed, "You go."

"I'm skipping my boyfriend."

"I'm watching a movie."

"You've already seen this."

"I forgot what happens."

"They turn on the redhead, now go find out what's wrong with Callie."

Picking up the remote, she snapped off the Tv, giving me no other choice then to rise to my feet and shuffle towards the stairs.

"I'm going because I want to." I informed her, "The fact that it's what your asking me to do is purely coincidental."

"Calum." she groaned, chucking a pillow at me.

Laughing to myself, I jogged up the stairs, stopping outside Callie's room.

Raising a first I knocked hard three times, "Are you naked? Don't be naked I'm coming in?"